vanadalism o stealing a wiper blade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was out tonight and let's just say I ended up parking in a not so great neighborhood for a few hours. I have Trico Neoforms blades. When I left and drove home it was sprinkling and I noticed my driver's side wiper was not working just passenger. Someone had torn the whole driver side wiper arm off. I guess that's one way of stealing a wiper blade. Alos my driver's mirror was knocked out of align. It's a breakaway/self aligning.

It happened to rudolphnpa too IIRC.

When I was a kid I thought torx screws on tail lights were to keep people from stealing your bulbs... not for speed of assembly etc.

Yeah I saw where they stole his blade, but in this case they broke off the entire wiper arm. A small part of the base is still there so maybe I can just unbolt it and bolt another arm on without having to repair any of the linkage.

My truck was at the wrong place at the wrong time on December 28th. It was damaged to the tune of nearly $9,000.00, and despite some top notch repairs, it will never be the same again.

Plus, I ended up with whiplash and a concussion. And I will never be the same again either. Plus, I could have been pushed into oncoming traffic and I could have been killed.

That said, I'd MUCH rather had a wiper arm and a wiper blade stolen.

Wanna trade?

Am I being a bit harsh? Sure. I'm logging out now.

I think there is a difference between accidents, if that's what your talking about, and some [censored] senselessly vandalising your car over $15 wiper blade in the middle of the night. It's why I don't put aftermarket radios in cars any more, because I don't want someone tearing my car up every other night trying to steal it.

We've all been in accidents. My car has been backed into numerous times and the person just drove off of course. Accidents I expect and understand. I think it's weird from someone to tear a whole wiper arm off in the middle of the night. Never had that happen before.

As a car guy, I have found that the worse the area, the more cars with huge chrome wheels and stick on vents on the front fender running around.

Not scientific, just an observation in my city.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
It happened to rudolphnpa too IIRC.

When I was a kid I thought torx screws on tail lights were to keep people from stealing your bulbs... not for speed of assembly etc.

Yup. Was in a gas station for like 3 minutes buying batteries... Came out and my driver side NAPA Winter Teflon was gone.

Someone stole both of my Bosch Icons.

Stupid low-life people. THey don't appreciate people's hard-earned money..

Last edited:
Yeah it's just the principle. I'll probably just get a new wiper arm off of a junkyard car. I had some spare wiper arms laying around but I guess I threw them out. The blade was a new Neoform so I have to buy a new blade too. And wouldn't you know it, it's been raining off and on all day and I can't drive the car till I get another arm. Of course the junk yards are going to be a muddy swamp, but I'm not going get a new arm that someone else broke.

For some one to steal wiper blades is just ridiculous. In the pitch dark how can they tell that the blade isn't 2 years old and worn out.

30 people in my town awoke yesterday to find their aerials broken off, windscreen wipers snapped off, and doors kicked in.

Makes my silastic attack look nice in comparison.

The local Liquidation World sells wipers for $2. Most are oddball sizes, but there are still plenty of empty cases where someone swiped it out of the box. Is $2 too rich for their blood? The world doesn't owe you free wipers. I don't get it.

It's sad to say that morality and ethics are definitely at an all time low in the Western world...these people that are stealing the blades could look under the couch and find enough change to buy a couple of new ones.... but no they're too lazy and stupid to think of that I guess.

Maybe we need to start cutting off a finger when someone steals something other than basic food? I think the message would definitely hit home then.

I'd love to electrify the arms and see how'd they would like that next time they feel a need to steal....

Last edited:
One of my buddies pulled duty at the US embassy in Moscow during the early/mid 80's. He noticed Moscovites removing their wipers whenever they left their cars on the street. It seem wiper blades were so rare (yay for state controlled production) that wiper theft was the most common crime there.

I guess some people find joy in causing others misfortune. I picked up a junkyard blade for a whopping $3. List price for the blade is $71 but even discounted it's close to $50 I think. Now I need to get a new Neoform wiper. It wasn't so much about the expense, but the inconvience and principle. Tearing the wiper arm could've damaged the whole wiper linkage.

Why there is very little vandalizes in place like Singapore ? Remember an American kid got canned on public place for spray paints some cars in Singapore some years back ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back