VALVOLINE PROFLEET 10W40

I just looked up the UOA. It might have been a bit low, but Rollins may also be correct in his speculation. It's hard to say how much further you could have gone, but the lube was still serviceable at that point.

Finally got the bottle what a stuff around never going through that company again And had to buy 20 L

I will send the oil out for analysis this afternoon The one thing that concerns me is how at 100c it is only 13.2 was hoping for a little bit more but strangely enough the DPF safe version The Pro fleet LS is 14.5 @ 100c They must use different or better bass stocks I don't know

Pro fleet LS viscosity index is 157

Pro fleet viscosity index is 153

[Linked Image]

Okay everyone I finally came through on my promise  here  is the VOA  everyone go your hardest give your honest opinion I'm no expert why is the calcium level so high  And what are the advantages  and disadvantages of a high calcium oilÂ

I will be draining my current oil soonÂ
Regards Mitchell

Cal and Mag are detergents that keep surfaces clean and help suspend deposits so that they can be filtered out.

They're high (along with the TBN and phos/zinc) because this is an extended drain diesel lube.

What does this type of lube typically run?..30, 50, 100k miles??🤔..dunno

Last edited:
Yeah don't know I guess it all depends on how good your  filtration is and how long the additive pack hold up  is this oil classed as  a SHPD or a UHPDÂ

Originally Posted by mitchellp
Yeah don't know I guess it all depends on how good your  filtration is and how long the additive pack hold up  is this oil classed as  a SHPD or a UHPDÂ

Good article answering these questions...

Diesel Oils & Filtration

Last edited:
nice read
laugh.gif

Yeah I thought so... not exactly an academic paper but just enough info, for me at least.

Hi everyone the oil is in the jeep Now to wait to hit 10000 km or 6200miles

ðŸ‘

Valvoline Profleet 10W-40 used oil analysisHi everyone so I finally got my used oil analysis back from the testing lab  driving approximately 1000 km 620 mile of  Hard 4x4  Off roadwork   In the rest highway in light off road It was a little thirsty on oil but this can sometimes happen when you switch to a completely different brand I added around 800 ml in  The first 6000 km 3729 mile kept on monitoring it basically did not budge from then on  Probably because  The  hi calcium formula  cleaned out the motor good  What do you reckon  ?
10898 km 6772 mile on the oil

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by PimTac
That fuel percentage number of 8% caught my eye. Do you think that is for real?

Yeah maybe it meant to say 1.8 I don't believe 8%Â

Actually I was just thinking it  May have been a typo and they meant  .8%  . Vehicle is running perfectly fine with no diesel smoke and good fuel consumption  Averaged 10.8 l /100 Over a 6000 km trip

Back