Valvoline Premium Blue Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a VOA of this oil, a UOA is the gas engine section and a UOA in the diesel section. I purchased some last year but I have not used it yet. There was a $5.00 with the purchase of two gallons. It seems to be exxcellent oil. It was designed with input from Cummings.

It would be more impressive if it had been designed with input from Cummins.
tongue.gif

Is the Valvoline Premium Blue Extreme 5W-40 worth $17.00 a gallon? And has anybody ever used it before?

quote:

Originally posted by luke1:
Is the Valvoline Premium Blue Extreme 5W-40 worth $17.00 a gallon? And has anybody ever used it before?

Don't know if it's true, but there was some speculation at one time that it's a Group 3 oil (dino oil basestocks). If this is true, then $17 is kinda high. Especially when you can get Shell Rotella 5w-40 (Group 3) for about $13 a gallon.

If it's a Group 4 oil (synthetic basestocks), then $17 is a very good price.

Schaeffer #9000 is a Group III/Group IV (PAO) blend. At about $15 per gallon, it is my choice. Even the petroleum/PAO blend is good for at least 12,000 miles in my engines as shown by analysis.

Ken

Valvoline Prem. Blue is the top of the line diesel oil from Valvoline. It is a Hydrotreated heavy petroleum Group III oil.

Compare the price of the Full Synthetic Valvoline to Shell Rotella 5W40 Full Synthetic (both Grp. III) and the Shell wins in the price area. Again, both excellent oils.

Now compare the price to Schaeffers 5W40, another Group III and the Schaeffers is a good buy and another excellent choice.

smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back