Valvoline Premium Blue Extreme 5W-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw this for the first time today. Not sure if it has been discussed before...If it has...sorry.

http://valvoline.com/pdf/pbx.pdf

Valvoline’s Premium Blue® Extreme Engine Oil
Hi-Performance Synthetic Engine Oil

Valvoline Premium Blue® Extreme continues the tradition of providing a superior full synthetic oil that is field proven and
delivers exceptional TBN retention, extended drain approved*, enhanced fuel economy potential over conventional oils,advanced soot control, outstanding viscosity retention and excellent all weather performance.

The hi-performance synthetic
technology meets the stringent demands of modern diesel engines; including EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) and DPF
(Diesel Particulate Filter) control systems, operating under standard and extended service interval*, running both ultra-low
sulfur diesel fuel and low sulfur diesel fuel.
Premium Blue Extreme provides fuel economy benefits for on-highway Class-8 trucks. Statistically significant test results
find up to 3% maximum improvement in fuel economy using SAE J1321/TMC RMP 1103, Type II techniques. Testing was
conducted by a leading independent laboratory.

The Premium Blue® Extreme Advantage
· Hi-Performance Synthetic Technology meets the most demanding requirements of modern EGR engines operating at
elevated temperatures, higher soot and higher acid levels in the engine oil.
· Cummins approved for 5,000-mile oil drain extension, under normal duty, for 2007 engines.
· Superior synthetic basestocks provide faster, safe starts during freezing weather and enhanced thermal properties for
hot weather operations.
· Unique formulation has enhanced fuel economy potential over conventional oils.
· Reduced high temperature carbon buildup - both single and two-piece pistons - and ring/liner wear protection leads to
improved oil consumption control.
· Unique dispersive polymer technology (DPT) provides advanced soot control and outstanding engine cleanliness.
· Provides fuel economy benefits for on-highway Class-8 trucks.

Valvoline’s Premium Blue Extreme Engine Oil is endorsed by Cummins Engine Company and is approved against the CES
20081 specification. The product meets, and is approved against, Mack EO-O Premium Plus, Volvo VDS-4, Detroit Diesel
93K218, and MB-approval 228.31. In addition, the product meets API CJ-4/SM and older category, Caterpillar ECF-3/2/1a,
Renault RLD-3, ACEA E9-08/E7-08 and Perkins/Wilson engine requirements.

It also meets the engine test performance
requirements of MTU Type I/II, MAN 3275, JASO DH-2, and Global DHD-1 specifications. Premium Blue Extreme provides
excellent performance in “mixed fleet” gasoline engines, pickup and delivery, city fleet, long haul over-the-road, and offhighway
applications

MSDS

http://msds.ashland.com/msds-ext/msdsDow...archHC&id=1

Originally Posted By: tenderloin
OK Thanks

When I looked it up I saw the product information was updated 03/31/10 so I thought it might be new or newly reformulated....

I may have been TL dunno on that but i do believe this oil has been out now for some time.

would anybody know how long?

I've been working for Valvoline Instant Oil Change for 2 years now and we've stocked it since I started so it's been around for at least that long.

Originally Posted By: nfs480
I've been working for Valvoline Instant Oil Change for 2 years now and we've stocked it since I started so it's been around for at least that long.

Thanks i knew i wasn't loosing my mind,lol

Oil is really getting to be a shop arama commodity, they come out with a new oil faster then we all can read the labels on the one that got here yesterday.

In different revisions, it's been out for some time. It is not "new", other than some minor reformulation they may have made (or more likely to apease marketing; ie "T" series Rotella ).

Any Valvoline distributor should be able to order it if they don't stock it already, & it's been around for at least 3 years (that's when I first saw it, in a CI-4+ variety). Been running it in the PSD for a while now, seems to hold up well to 5K OCIs.

Originally Posted By: Curtis Newton
Wonder what retail locations it can be purchased at.

I have seen it at NAPA and CarQuest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back