Valvoline Premium Blue 5W40

An excellent HDEO. Stout add pack, too. Valvoline doesn't get much mindshare here because of a history of low measurable additives. It's always been good oil.

It's about the only 5w-40 that is rated for my 6.7 Ford motor. You just have to find it on sale because otherwise...ouch

When I sold my last Cummins 6.7 I had been running whatever cheap store brand oil I could find and changing at 5k interval, had about 200k, friend who bought it is up to 300k and runs vpb 15w40 and changes at 5k, thing runs like new, its a 2009 but not deleted, sounds just as good as my 2018 at 50k. In my very humble opinion vpb will allow your engine to last a very long time. real question is how well everything else On the truck will last, you have a Ford I see so you don’t have to wince every time the 68rfe makes a clunky noise. I hate but I’ve put a lot of miles on 68rfe’s, would sure be nice to have an aisin but I’m cheap. From what I’ve seen most problems with diesel trucks nowadays happen due to bad mods and emissions junk (thanks woke liberals).

VPBE 5W40 is good stuff, pretty similar IMO to T6 and about the same price. I think it was $21.99 at Meijer on my last purchase. Current fill in my 6.7L Cummins.

When I sold my last Cummins 6.7 I had been running whatever cheap store brand oil I could find and changing at 5k interval, had about 200k, friend who bought it is up to 300k and runs vpb 15w40 and changes at 5k, thing runs like new, its a 2009 but not deleted, sounds just as good as my 2018 at 50k. In my very humble opinion vpb will allow your engine to last a very long time. real question is how well everything else On the truck will last, you have a Ford I see so you don’t have to wince every time the 68rfe makes a clunky noise. I hate but I’ve put a lot of miles on 68rfe’s, would sure be nice to have an aisin but I’m cheap. From what I’ve seen most problems with diesel trucks nowadays happen due to bad mods and emissions junk (thanks woke liberals).
I don't see your point. Didn't Republican Richard Nixon create the EPA? I think we all want clean air to breath for our children (future generations)\ Anyways VPB is solid Oil!

I don't see your point. Didn't Republican Richard Nixon create the EPA? I think we all want clean air to breath for our children (future generations)\ Anyways VPB is solid Oil!
I certainly want clean air, just like to gripe about the Emissions stuff on my truck from time to time. I do think the big three have done a good job meeting emissions while still making a good truck. The difference in exhaust fumes from my first diesel 20+ years ago and my current ram is night and day.

I certainly want clean air, just like to gripe about the Emissions stuff on my truck from time to time. I do think the big three have done a good job meeting emissions while still making a good truck. The difference in exhaust fumes from my first diesel 20+ years ago and my current ram is night and day.
I understand about emission's headache. I'm not a tree hugger by any means but wanted to point out that BOTH political parties has had a hand in EPA rules for the automotive industry not just the "liberals". You even mentioned that the ram is up to "300k & Not Deleted" so the automakers are doing something different than 20 years ago. Later

Back