Valvoline - Myth vs Reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: tropic
Originally Posted By: Art_Vandelay
I agree that Grp.III oils shouldn't be sold as synthetics.

What would we call them? Modified conventional?

Dunno. I Can't Believe It's Not Synthetic!™ motor oil?

That IS hilarious!

Wow, after re-reading that last post of mine...That was a heckuva rant!

Now, I don't want to get off on a rant here, but........
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Originally Posted By: addyguy
Quote:

"The test results were apparently not submitted to the API, and the API claims they do not know why Valvoline said the things they did about Mobil 1. What is Valvoline hiding?"

They're not hiding anything! They don't have to submit a dam thing to the API. That is Exxon Mobil's job.

What Valvoline DID do was submit their testing results TO EXXON MOBIL!

Remember, the API does not directly test motor oil for compliance. They do random testing here and there, but it is up to the companies to independently test their product and submit the results to the API in order to put the API symbol on a bottle of oil.

Another poignant fact to remember: The API IS the oil companies. It's essentially the US trade union for the oil and natural gas industry. It's not like a government watch dog group that will come down with an iron fist when a members product is found not to meet spec! If it's found that a product is not meeting spec, they can continue holding their API license and continue displaying the API symbol on their product for months until results of new testing are submitted.

I for one, can't understand why some of you guys are so [censored] bent on not fathoming that a giant corporation like Exxon Mobil might have screwed up! They have before, and will likely screw up in the future, JUST LIKE EVERY multi national corporation!

It's not like corporations haven't produced inferior products in the past. I mean, this is just motor oil. Corporations have made some big oopsies in the past that have KILLED PEOPLE!

33.gif

Well put. Recently I've worked in Qualty Assurance for a high technology company, making very high performance parts for medical, military, aerospace and automotive. You would not beleive the "junk" that gets shipped with just a Manufacturing Mgr's signature (called: a Business Decision) and with NO notification of customer of non-compliance (required). Quality can be intimidated by the bottom line. This is all in a compliant ISO 9000-2000 environment.

Drew: "...Corporations have made some big oopsies in the past that have KILLED PEOPLE!"

How bout all those Ford explorers with bad rear leafs and shackles rotting off, then add to the mix underinflated overloaded marginal tyres and - rollover city.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Originally Posted By: Art_Vandelay
I agree that Grp.III oils shouldn't be sold as synthetics.

What would we call them? Modified conventional?

Dunno. I Can't Believe It's Not Synthetic!™ motor oil?

That IS hilarious!

That was pretty great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back