Valvoline Maxlife Dex/Merc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just put in a little over 3 quarts in my 2003 Mazda MPV, and I find that it is the best fluid that I've used so far: much better shift feel. I've added AA Mercon V before, but this seems much better. I thought I'd post, because the MPV has a very finicky JATCO trans, and the best fluid choice, for me, at least, has been elusive.

I just put four quarts of this in my Ranger with 5 speed automatic. I can't tell any difference between the old fuid, which was the Valvoline blue bottle Mercon V. However, Walmart just started carrying the Maxlife Dex/Merc in 4 quart jugs so I will probably use it again.

Originally Posted By: MC5W20
I just put four quarts of this in my Ranger with 5 speed automatic. I can't tell any difference between the old fuid, which was the Valvoline blue bottle Mercon V. However, Walmart just started carrying the Maxlife Dex/Merc in 4 quart jugs so I will probably use it again.

We use to have it by the quart but now Walmart has stopped carrying it.

Originally Posted By: ET16
I just put in a little over 3 quarts in my 2003 Mazda MPV, and I find that it is the best fluid that I've used so far: much better shift feel. I've added AA Mercon V before, but this seems much better. I thought I'd post, because the MPV has a very finicky JATCO trans, and the best fluid choice, for me, at least, has been elusive.

I also drive a Mazda MPV 2003. I would have a drain or refill this summer but not sure which Valvoline to use. There are blue jug/bottle Dexron III and red jug/bottle Dexron VI. Which one did you use.

Judging by the title, I would say he used MaxLife Dex/Merc:

bottle_bot_VV324.jpg

That's right. I used the Maxlife Dex/Merc; it came in the red gallon jug.

Originally Posted By: D Bone

bottle_bot_VV324.jpg

For a partial drain and refill, is MaxLife Dex/Merc compatible with the fluid in my transmission?

Mine is MotoMaster ATF,a Dex III variant sold at Canadian Tire in Canada as housebrand. Blue bottle MaxLife is synthetic and reccomended for Dex VI, I believe.

I had my fluid changed at 60k KM at local dealer and again at 100k KM at a mechanic friend just last November with MotoMaster fluid - drain and refill twice. The shifting was smoother, I could tell the difference, but when the temperature got cold, the transmission seems slow to upshift for the first 5 minutes after starting. That is why I am still searching for a new ATF fluid.

Originally Posted By: thomas101

bottle_bot_VV324.jpg

For a partial drain and refill, is MaxLife Dex/Merc compatible with the fluid in my transmission?

Mine is MotoMaster ATF,a Dex III variant sold at Canadian Tire in Canada as housebrand. Blue bottle MaxLife is synthetic and reccomended for Dex VI, I believe.

I had my fluid changed at 60k KM at local dealer and again at 100k KM at a mechanic friend just last November with MotoMaster fluid - drain and refill twice. The shifting was smoother, I could tell the difference, but when the temperature got cold, the transmission seems slow to upshift for the first 5 minutes after starting. That is why I am still searching for a new ATF fluid.

The Maxlife has been the best yet for my MPV. It's completely compatible. 2003 MPVs are specified for Dexron. I think Dexron II was the original specification.

I put this stuff and lubegard red in my 96 sunfire when my trans wouldn't shift out of 2nd gear. It's starting to shift better but still noticeable, it's been two weeks. I'm hoping, it will be back to normal. only time will tell..

bottle_bot_VV324.jpg

Thanks for attaching the pict. Good forum, good people hang out too.

The Vavoline Max-life tranny fluid is a synthetic based fluid,says so on the bottle,and works fine.The power steering Max-Life fluid is another good change-out that I did.Both can be purchased at Wal-Mart.

We're going to try ML ATF in a 2000 Jetta soon. It says on the label that it's compatible. Has anyone tried ML ATF in a VW that that takes the Esso fluid?

Originally Posted By: Onmo'Eegusee
Actually, shouldn't it be Chevy/Ford? :p
Whats wrong with it. I like to use DIII/M

Kinda like a 3/8 x 10mm wrench

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back