"Valvoline Leads Innovation for Off-Highway Engines with Launch of Valvoline All-Terrain"

wemay

Site Donor 2023

Screenshot_20211228-110229_Chrome.jpg

Because it's Valvoline i immediately went to their pi sheet. I like how honest they are. It's weird how it expires in 2040.

It actually looks really good but it'll probably be overpriced for what it is and/or availability won't be great.

Last edited:
I suspect it's an emissions-killer. Wouldn't want to use this in an "on-road" vehicle.
I don't know why they say off highway since it makes it seem inferior but it has all the good certifications and sulfated ash in less than 1%

They should say for both on and off road vehicles. i posted the link to its pi sheet if you'd like to check it out.

I don't know why they say off highway since it makes it seem inferior but it has all the good certifications and sulfated ash in less than 1%

They should say for both on and off road vehicles. i posted the link to its pi sheet if you'd like to check it out.
Looks like it is marketed towards "mining, construction and agriculture" diesel engines which operate different than on-road vehicles. I.E., a farm tractor can be operating for hours under load while plowing. It is not a fuel saving oil and the high levels of zinc and phosphorous would not be catalytic converter friendly.

Last edited:

Zinc and Phosphorus are really high.

Looks like it is mostly marketed towards "mining, construction and agriculture" diesel engines which operate differently than on-road vehicles. I.E., a farm tractor can be operating for hours under load while plowing. It is not a fuel saving oil and the high levels of zinc and phosphorous would not be catalytic converter friendly.
true but sulfated ash mass isnt over 1% and the zddp and ph isnt much higher than regular diesel oils. nice hths on both.

As we've found if you roll a jeep on the right side (with the 2.5, 4.0), the engine will live if you roll it back over and let the oil drain. If it rolls onto the driver's side, you must pull the plugs.

And that's how I know you're the real deal, my friend. (y)

Brother rolled my old 22R pickup back in the day (I was with him, fortunately after he bought it from me!), it ran for a few seconds upside down. Drug it out, rolled it back over, pulled plugs & blew oil everywhere, cleaned the plugs with carb cleaner, put them back in, topped it off & fogged for mosquitoes! He cut the roof off & made it a convertible after that...

Back