"Valvoline Leads Innovation for Off-Highway Engines with Launch of Valvoline All-Terrain"

After pulling the plugs, shooting out the oil, and continuing on our way....
The valves were extremely lubricated.
joeflop3Capture.JPG

Looks like it is marketed towards "mining, construction and agriculture" diesel engines which operate different than on-road vehicles. I.E., a farm tractor can be operating for hours under load while plowing. It is not a fuel saving oil and the high levels of zinc and phosphorous would not be catalytic converter friendly.
They don't get the price under T3 for a 5 gallon bucket or 55 gallon drum, they're not going to sell a lot. Who needs that stinkin' Premium Blue anyway!

Interesting but most ag guys here run the cheapest 15w40 they can get in bulk totes. The big diesels run just fine all season under heavy load and most now are stuck with dpf and scr.

I ran a white bottle valvoline 15w40 from Walmart for years. I was hoping that's where this allterrain would show up..... it's been on their website for months. What's the cost per gallon and where do you find it?

Off highway oil? Half of the OEM approvals and “recommendations“ are for on-highway only engines and a long list of major off-highway only engine OEM are missing.

This oil is targeting Heavy Equipment and Farm Machinery. They don't give a hoot about our diesel pickup trucks or off roading.

Brother rolled my old 22R pickup back in the day (I was with him, fortunately after he bought it from me!), it ran for a few seconds upside down. Drug it out, rolled it back over, pulled plugs & blew oil everywhere, cleaned the plugs with carb cleaner, put them back in, topped it off & fogged for mosquitoes! He cut the roof off & made it a convertible after that...

Had a similar situation with a friends 22r 4runner. Screwing around on an abandoned hole at an old golf course, hit a rut while doing a donut and did 1.5 flips and it ended up on the drivers side, 5 people riding, not a scratch on anyone. Pulled it back over with a suburban, drove it home lol.

This oil is targeting Heavy Equipment and Farm Machinery. They don't give a hoot about our diesel pickup trucks or off roading.
Correct answer here. There are significant differences in over the road tractors, diesel pickups, and off-roading hobby vehicles. Earth moving equipment and farming equipment operate in an environment that is extremely taxing - heat/frigid temps, dust, extended non-stop use, and general over extended preventative maintenance schedules.
Confused why this becomes so silly. How would the public know about any new product if it’s not marketed? Or is this because it’s not Mobil or Pennzoil?

As we've found if you roll a jeep on the right side (with the 2.5, 4.0), the engine will live if you roll it back over and let the oil drain. If it rolls onto the driver's side, you must pull the plugs.
so you put the fat guy in the passenger seat, right?

Back