Valvoline EP New Package

Valvoline is getting weird. 24x with no specifics. Their losing me as customer with this nonsense.

5FE220D1-1D0F-4947-A67A-C93FA52CD65C.jpeg

So I emailed them out of curiosity. What a pathetic response:

"
thank you for contacting Valvoline Product Support

When our products meaning offering any type of protection that is any number better that is referring to an industry standard. In this case the product would offer 24 times greater protection over the industry standards for this product.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at 800 TEAM VAL or by email at [email protected] for assistance.

Thank you and have a great day.

Derrick

Valvoline Product Support"

*They could never answer what made Valvoline Modern Engine unique either. That product flopped big time.

So I emailed them out of curiosity. What a pathetic response:

"
thank you for contacting Valvoline Product Support

When our products meaning offering any type of protection that is any number better that is referring to an industry standard. In this case the product would offer 24 times greater protection over the industry standards for this product.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at 800 TEAM VAL or by email at [email protected] for assistance.

Thank you and have a great day.

Derrick

Valvoline Product Support"

*They could never answer what made Valvoline Modern Engine unique either. That product flopped big time.

Sounds like a computer bot answered your message. I don’t understand it at all.

Making exuberant claims like that just turns people off and especially when their is no backing or references.

... Making exuberant claims like that just turns people off and especially when their is no backing or references.
Right. Besides, "24x stronger ... than the leading synthetic" isn't the same as "24 times greater protection over the industry standards," unless the "leading synthetic" only barely meets those (unspecified!) standards, which is implausible.

I think vavoline lab just used bottom i
Of barrels ( brand synthetic blend oil ) run test then see which brand fail in few test results just used that as 24x protection against leading competitors synthetic and put that on label. My guess

Not trying to beat a dead horse here or pick on Valvoline but I did shoot them a message on FB about this claim just out of curiosity. They dodged the question and responded with the following:

"Our dedicated engine lab is capable of running more of the required industry engine tests versus other motor oil brands. These engine tests are necessary for API and ILSAC approvals and Valvoline's capabilities are unprecedented.We build and design our own."

"we do not have that information here on the Social Media side of things. However, we can advise that Valvoline is the only motor oil company that can perform all five gasoline tests currently required by the American Petroleum Institute (API) and International Lubricants Standardization and Approval Committee (ILSAC) groups in-house."

View attachment 89808View attachment 89809
Found in Wally World, left is the latest one. New package has additional highlight about 50% more wear protection under sequence X engine test. Compare to their baseline synthetic oil, that's... 10% increase. Not having dexos1 gen3 certificate yet for this oil is also a bigger bummer to me.
Try to find some data from Amsoil to see how different their Sequence IIIH and X test results are, but Amsoil use another interpretation of results to promote their product. Nevermind.
Thanks for that. You hit the funny bone with the NEVERMIND!!!:) I get where u coming from though.

Walmart has Valvoline at a better price point than comparable Mobil and Castrol products at this time. If they bump Valvoline up in price I have a look at Pennzoil or Quaker State or whatever the rollback is at the time. I picked up two 5 quart jugs of QS Euro 5w40 last week for under $40 total with tax included, my kind of deal 🙂
The oil are so similar that I doubt there is any difference with the same tier oils form the major manufactures.

Not trying to beat a dead horse here or pick on Valvoline but I did shoot them a message on FB about this claim just out of curiosity. They dodged the question and responded with the following:

"Our dedicated engine lab is capable of running more of the required industry engine tests versus other motor oil brands. These engine tests are necessary for API and ILSAC approvals and Valvoline's capabilities are unprecedented.We build and design our own."

"we do not have that information here on the Social Media side of things. However, we can advise that Valvoline is the only motor oil company that can perform all five gasoline tests currently required by the American Petroleum Institute (API) and International Lubricants Standardization and Approval Committee (ILSAC) groups in-house."
So which OEM lets Valvoline used their “unprecedented“ lab for Proof of Performance papers ?

I used to like Valvoline Advanced and Valvoline EP - until the price went North of $30 per 5 qrt. jug at WM ! ... For my 4K GDI OCI's using QSFS is a more cost-effective option while still having the high Moly count Valvoline is noted for (for a lot less per jug).

They must hate being asked questions bc there are a few at Valvoline that come off really arrogant. Even through their email. Not a fan at this point at all. (n)

Last edited:
I used to like Valvoline Advanced and Valvoline EP - until the price went North of $30 per 5 qrt. jug at WM ! ... For my 4K GDI OCI's using QSFS is a more cost-effective option while still having the high Moly count Valvoline is noted for (for a lot less per jug).

From owners manual of '18 ACCENT with the 1.6 Ltr. ( G.D.I. ) . Haven't used Q.S. , have used close relative SHELL Rotella Gas Truck 5w-20 and 5w-30 . Also used PENNZOIL Platinum . The ULTRA for current fill .

IMG_9290.JPG

Last edited:
Back