Valvoline EP New Package

IMG_5316 1.JPG
IMG_5317 1.JPG

Found in Wally World, left is the latest one. New package has additional highlight about 50% more wear protection under sequence X engine test. Compare to their baseline synthetic oil, that's... 10% increase. Not having dexos1 gen3 certificate yet for this oil is also a bigger bummer to me.
Try to find some data from Amsoil to see how different their Sequence IIIH and X test results are, but Amsoil use another interpretation of results to promote their product. Nevermind.

Not having dexos1 gen3 certificate yet for this oil is also a bigger bummer to me.
Try to find some data from Amsoil to see how different their Sequence IIIH and X test results are, but Amsoil use another interpretation of results to promote their product. Nevermind.
GM has set a mandatory transition date of September 1, 2022 to meet its dexos1 Gen 3 specification, maybe they will add by then.

The old one is merely "Full Synthetic". The new one is "Premium Full synthetic". I wonder what changed to bump it into the premium category. :)

View attachment 89808View attachment 89809
Found in Wally World, left is the latest one. New package has additional highlight about 50% more wear protection under sequence X engine test. Compare to their baseline synthetic oil, that's... 10% increase. Not having dexos1 gen3 certificate yet for this oil is also a bigger bummer to me.
You know oil after oil comes out with these outrageous % claims of like this 50% more wear protection for years now. Why is it we just aren't seeing an unbelievable number of cars going over a million miles now? Because its BS they call hype!

The old one is merely "Full Synthetic". The new one is "Premium Full synthetic". I wonder what changed to bump it into the premium category. :)
It’s been price really good up to now. Maybe this means it’s getting M1EP pricing soon???

It’s been price really good up to now. Maybe this means it’s getting M1EP pricing soon???

Walmart has Valvoline at a better price point than comparable Mobil and Castrol products at this time. If they bump Valvoline up in price I have a look at Pennzoil or Quaker State or whatever the rollback is at the time. I picked up two 5 quart jugs of QS Euro 5w40 last week for under $40 total with tax included, my kind of deal 🙂

Walmart has Valvoline at a better price point than comparable Mobil and Castrol products at this time. If they bump Valvoline up in price I have a look at Pennzoil or Quaker State or whatever the rollback is at the time. I picked up two 5 quart jugs of QS Euro 5w40 last week for under $40 total with tax included, my kind of deal 🙂
Walmart used to be the only place you can get Extended Protection, now I find AutoZone also starts selling these, but almost 50% more expensive. I really like good oil with reasonable price but don't want other competitors get squeezed out of business : (

Noticed the new Valvoline label designs a few weeks ago. Thought little of it given that they seem to redesign their labels literally like once a year. Almost like they have nothing better to do? lol.

The majors all take turns at lower pricing at Walmart. As said earlier, it's Valvoline's turn right now but Mobil1 could be the ticket soon....or Castrol...or...

It’s almost as if Valvoline called someone and asked, how can we make our bottle look better or different. What do they call that again? Marketing? Can’t be, someone told me that doesn’t exist. 🤣🤣

Back