Valve cover gasket replacement pics 83 Chevy 305

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice the original oil cap with SF/CC energy conserving recommendation for nostalgic people. It has SN plus oil in it unfortunately I need to drain it to get rid of the old gasket and other dirt I couldn't keep out of the drain back holes. I think I should leave the Mobil 1 ep filter though.

Originally Posted by caprice_2nv
BTW the Canadian carbs in the 80s were not computer controlled like the us ones do they were much more reliable. Like a late 70s engine really.

Yes, the Caprice that we had was a 1986 without the electronics. The old 1984 F-150, however, had that electronic mess, and it never worked right.

Ford did no better.
wink.gif
The good news is theirs only lasted one year, if I remember correctly. The bad news is I got that year!

Originally Posted by dave1251
Computer carbs just don't work right. GM should have just joined the TBI world before attempting the computer controlled carb.

My 89 Caprice had the TBI and it ran decent after 300k miles. But it got worse gas mileage than my carbureted Caprices I had before and it occasionally stalled for no reason. I liked the TBI but it wasn't perfect and it had flaws compared to a quadrajet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back