Using JB Weld to (temporarily) re-attach a snapped CV drive axle (your thoughts?)

You would have better luck Superglue'n your Hard Hat to a new building girder and hanging from it.

If it were me, I would battery weld the snapped shaft to get home, but if you don't know how to weld, it won't help.

It's unanimous then: it's a dumb idea (as I suspected..)

I'll just wait a few days for tow services to be available again.

This storm IDA caused quite a flood and many cars were disabled as a result of it and they all need tow services, thus the unavailability.

OP has aborted the idea but as a side note it would be nice if everyone bounced such ideas off others once in awhile before doing them.

We've all seen people use their vehicles in very bizarre ways, sometimes to ill effect.

Any tips on how to find a tow truck service?

Should I insist on a flatbed?

Once it's towered to the dealership, should I make arrangements to make sure it goes into the correct bay?

Or do I not need to worry about this, the dealership will handle it?

Once it's towered to the dealership, should I make arrangements to make sure it goes into the correct bay?

A. Phone book, call dealer and ask if they have tow service, or google search.
B. Just tell them what happened. They will handle it.
C. No.
D. The Dealership will handle it. Note: They will handle your wallet too. Be prepared for that.

Maybe call the dealer or Honda USA and see if Honda will cover the tow since its their recalled part that stranded you?

Call AAA or your roadside assistance if you have it. they will almost always have priority with the tow companies over the average joe calling in.

There is a VinWiki video about one of the guys calling around to get a tow for a Lamborghini (I think) that was stuck in some guy’s wealthy gated community’s entrance on Christmas Eve. Long and the short of it was they called around and around and no tow services had availablity, then they call their roadside assistance and the same tow company that said they were too busy shows up to move the car.

No need to get specific, I would personally just tell them the vehicle has a mechanical issue and isn’t driveable and you’d like them to take it to the shop.

Dealership will handle it once it’s on their property, they should have the dollies and equipment to move the vehicle into the bay safely. Good luck and sorry about the issue/timing/weather.

Last edited:
Wouldn't locking the axle solve the problem?
I'm figuring the broken axle gets the revolutions (slips), and the other does not.
Locking it down would be easier than butt joint.
In either case, go straight to repair location, no farting around.

chime in.
If it's part of a Honda recall and it failed, because it was a faulty part to begin with, then I would call Honda and have them tow it to the dealership and provide you with a loaner until it gets towed/fixed.

[Edit]
You probably wouldn't be able to leave the parking lot / driveway with a J.B. welded CV shaft anyway, as it would snap as soon as you try to take off. You risk causing even more damage and injury. Good thing you gave up on the idea. I'm sorry that you're suffering because of the hurricane.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe JB weld would hold for a couple very very easy starts if you found the perfect diameter pipe and sleaved the axle. Then used jb weld in the sleave but to do that you'd need to get the axle out anyways so you might as well just put in a new one at that point.
sleeving it and drilling holes to put bolts through both parts may work. Lol

Back