Using cheap oil filters first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm gonna do what Dallas said.

I'll put this on when I change the oil tomorrow, And when I normally have to add a half quart of oil (about one-two months, 1200-1500 miles), I'll swap out the filter for the Mobil 1 and top it off.

Mind you, I probably will not do this if the filter wasn't under the hood and easy to change. And I wouldn't do this if I didn't catch this filter for just two dollars.

Again, thanks to all who gave me their opinion.

Hey. What does this mean to a regular guy?

Is the mobile one or K &N too hi or too low? I always thought they were the best around. I realise that highest price is not always best. I also think that the best filtration doesn't mean best filter.

I am seriously asking, because I don't know: Is there something wrong with using one of them?

Please explain if this something I should be concerned about.

Originally Posted by Rxman01

Please explain if this something I should be concerned about.

This is what I was talking about somewhere around post 3, I guess my sarcasm and humor wasn't helpful.

Subaru filters and a few aftermarket for Subaru have a higher than normal bypass valve setting. It is something on the order of 23lbs vs the typical 12-13. Whether this is actually something to be concerned about is the subject of great debate.

I bet the filter here is made by Premium Guard... A very well made filter here if I'm right...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back