Upper cylinder lubricant which best brand?

The fuel system does not need to be lubricated.
There seem it be a large enough number of people on here and other sites using TCW3 that have before and after numbers for fuel economy showing that it helped, that I'm currently trying it. They could all be lying about it to prove their point, I don't know, but enough people I figured it was worth trying at 1:640 ratio. My driving habits are not steady enough for me to get any conclusive before and after results.

Reactions: a5m
There seem it be a large enough number of people on here and other sites using TCW3 that have before and after numbers for fuel economy showing that it helped, that I'm currently trying it. They could all be lying about it to prove their point, I don't know, but enough people I figured it was worth trying at 1:640 ratio. My driving habits are not steady enough for me to get any conclusive before and after results.
It's not just you, it is impossible for anyone. To start with the energy density of the gasoline varies even at the same station. Then add on the myriad of other variables in everyday driving and anything the "UCL" does or does not do is deep in the noise.

It's not just you, it is impossible for anyone. To start with the energy density of the gasoline varies even at the same station. Then add on the myriad of other variables in everyday driving and anything the "UCL" does or does not do is deep in the noise.
I don't disagree with that...but are you saying that an upper cylinder "lubricant" does not "lubricate" anything meaningful?

Last edited:
Is there a study by a reputable third party, not an upper cylinder lubrican't manufacturer, that there is an actual problem that needs "fixing" with any of these additives?
I thought not.

What is it exactly in the upper cylinder that isn’t being lubricated and needs this additive to do so? How am I headed to well over 300k on my vehicles and one over 460k and never used it? What am I missing?
You are missing the pleasure of saying my engine lasted 460k because of running upper cylinder oil.

Looks to be a 2 stroke oil

I can't wait to try this out once my tank needs a refill!

1673920133421.jpg

2 stroke oil fixes my sticky intake valve (low compression on cold start) for a few days, then the cold start misfire returns. If I stop using tcw3 and then start again after a tank of gas the misfire will disappear for a few more days

UCL reduces blow by and threfore causes better throttle response :D you need to try it to beleive it
You need to provide some empirical data beyond claiming that this is what it does, lol. Like a series of controlled before and after leakdown test numbers would be a great start.

I could claim that Paltrow yeast brings my octane up 300 points and is like adding nitrous, but I've got absolutely nothing to support that beyond a "trust me bro".

You miss better throttle response in low rpm low gear
I have always wondered what use and benefit there was when using an upper cylinder lube. Now you've suggested a benefit and you seem to stand by it even when questioned by @OVERKILL. Great. It sounds like you know something I don't.

Please tell us how you've arrived at your conclusion. You said "UCL reduces blow by and threfore causes better throttle response". Have you some data that backs up your assertion or are you making some assumptions? How do you know UCL reduces blowby? And how do you know that, if true, reduced blowby causes better throttle response? Have you seen some test results or is your conclusion based on personal experience or, perhaps, assumptions?

I'm looking foward to your response. I'd love to be convinced that UCL has real-world benefits.

I have always wondered what use and benefit there was when using an upper cylinder lube. Now you've suggested a benefit and you seem to stand by it even when questioned by @OVERKILL. Great. It sounds like you know something I don't.

Please tell us how you've arrived at your conclusion. You said "UCL reduces blow by and threfore causes better throttle response". Have you some data that backs up your assertion or are you making some assumptions? How do you know UCL reduces blowby? And how do you know that, if true, reduced blowby causes better throttle response? Have you seen some test results or is your conclusion based on personal experience or, perhaps, assumptions?

I'm looking foward to your response. I'd love to be convinced that UCL has real-world benefits.
My argument is based on personal experience and also product description of multiple more or less reputable products:

1. Restore (00016 8-Cylinder Formula Engine Restorer & Lubricant
Restore Engine Restorer & Lubricant is a high performance oil additive that increases compression in older high-mileage engines. The unique CSL formula fills worn areas of the cylinder walls to reduce blow-by and restore compression to near original levels. Restoring cylinder compression improves combustion to increase horsepower, reduce oil burning, maximize fuel mileage and restore peak engine performance. In addition, it provides extreme pressure lubrication to help protect engine components from excessive wear. Compatible with conventional or synthetic oil.

2. Blowby can sometimes result from inadequate lubrication. You can improve performance and prevent rings from sticking with Hot Shot Secret's Diesel Extreme fuel additive and the FR3 oil friction reducer.

You can also use lx4, or locus, or TC-W3 or rislone or amsoil or... and see if it works in your car. I would say you mostly need well-cleaned injectors and a car that is sort of underpowered. With a 300hp engine it might never feel underpowered so that you can feel the better throttle response
Now, if there is blow by and it reduces it you will certainly be able to feel it. What data do you want? An excel sheet of blow by with and without ucl? I dont have that

Last edited:
Back