Upcoming 2022 Labor Day deals at Discount Tire/Americas Tire?

They email me upcoming sales deals but nothing for Labor Day has been sent yet. Do you get their emails ?

I get emails for "flash sales" all the time. I do not expect anything too brilliant or different for Labor Day. Last Labor Day I got a stackable deal on snow tires and would expect similar.

But nothing like 4-5 years ago.

Years past they did double rebates but it seems like the belt has tightened, and who knows how things will go given the Tire Rack purchase.

The below referenced flash sale at Discount Tire which expires 8-21-22 is worth a look. The 4 road hazard warranty certificates for my car are an additional $90. This seems to be about it $50-60 more in total price than the usual $150 off Costco deal for the tires for my car need. It might be worth paying a little more for the convenience (nearby DT location) and time (relatively short wait times) factors.

Tire Rack currently has $100 rebate on a set of Blizzak WS90s I want, though their price is $7 more per tire than Discount Tires.

I suppose I'll buy on Tire Rack and have them shipped to Discount Tire for install. Would be nice to just be able to get the rebate at DT along with their slightly lower price.

Discount tire price matches the competition (or co-owners), give a rep a call and see what they can do for you.

Tire Rack currently has $100 rebate on a set of Blizzak WS90s I want, though their price is $7 more per tire than Discount Tires.

I suppose I'll buy on Tire Rack and have them shipped to Discount Tire for install. Would be nice to just be able to get the rebate at DT along with their slightly lower price.
@ DirtyGary - plug your size in on TR, DT and Costco. For my Accord 215-55-17 on the WS90. Make sure you go through to cart/checkout.

Costco - $582 installed with 5 year road hazard included.
TR - $540 including rebate with 2 year road hazard included but you need to get installed still so add $80-100. The RH is included "free".
DT - $784 installed with what looks like a no time limit road hazard. The road hazard is optional at $21/tire.

Unless DT is going to match Costco you might want to get them before the sale ends 8-28 (or wait until the next month when they go back on sale). The TR rebate is mail in, Costco is instant at checkout.

@ DirtyGary - plug your size in on TR, DT and Costco. For my Accord 215-55-17 on the WS90. Make sure you go through to cart/checkout.

Costco - $582 installed with 5 year road hazard included.
TR - $540 including rebate with 2 year road hazard included but you need to get installed still so add $80-100. The RH is included "free".
DT - $784 installed with what looks like a no time limit road hazard. The road hazard is optional at $21/tire.

Unless DT is going to match Costco you might want to get them before the sale ends 8-28 (or wait until the next month when they go back on sale). The TR rebate is mail in, Costco is instant at checkout.
Costco is a good choice for a lot of people, but they have 3 big faults for me at least.

-- they won't put anything but the size that is on the door sticker on your car. Not a problem for most people, but for some it is.
-- they do not have a road force balancer - at least at my Costco. I had 3 of 5 tires on my last buy out of round - were not found with a regular balancer - reason I started going to DT to begin with.
-- if your costco membership expires they will no longer honor the road hazard.

As mentioned however its hard to beat their price if they have what you want.

Back