UOA for a 2020 Yamaha QuiteTech II Golf cart, unknown hours & oil

I got the golf cart at an estate sale. I was told the golf cart had low mileage because the owners got colvid and passed away about a year or so later.

There is no mileage or hour meter and no oil filter. I’ve been told some golf carts are converted after being used by golf courses, others are originally designed for 55+ communities. Unknown but most likely it was converted to be used in the 55+ community.

All comments are welcomed.

Screenshot_20240528_194344_Drive.jpg

Do you think this may be the original oil or been changed already? Always neat to see small engine UOA. Thanks

Thank you.

I found later that it was sold by a non-Yamaha dealer store that is noted for buying used golf carts from golf courses and converting them for street use. I hope that the store changed the oil before reselling it. It is not likely the new owners changed the oil as we were told they got covid and passed away a year or so later.

It is concerning that the UOA indicated the oil was around 5w20 but we are in central florida where it gets into the upper 90s in the summer.

Thank you.

I found later that it was sold by a non-Yamaha dealer store that is noted for buying used golf carts from golf courses and converting them for street use. I hope that the store changed the oil before reselling it. It is not likely the new owners changed the oil as we were told they got covid and passed away a year or so later.

It is concerning that the UOA indicated the oil was around 5w20 but we are in central florida where it gets into the upper 90s in the summer.
Thanks for the details. We can see the viscosity is a bit on the low side for an air cooled engine? Someone may have used a 5w-20 IDK. I'd be curious if the wear comes down after two more samples. (Next run being the UOA baseline) We lost too many to that viru.

It was probably a 10W-30 or even an SAE 30 that just thinned from all the fuel
Fairly stout add-pack, so it was a decent oil put in it at some point.

Thanks everyone.
I used "Super TECH Full Synthetic, 4-Stroke, 10w30 ATV Motor" when I changed the oil. I wanted a synthetic no lighter than 10w and at least 30. I found little on the Internet about it. Any comments about using it in my golf cart?

Thanks everyone.
I used "Super TECH Full Synthetic, 4-Stroke, 10w30 ATV Motor" when I changed the oil. I wanted a synthetic no lighter than 10w and at least 30. I found little on the Internet about it. Any comments about using it in my golf cart?
Should work just fine for that application but it does appear to be quite a bit of wear on those engines based on averages from BS. What do they say the avg hours are for their data? If you can tell us the exact engine to get a better idea of it's requirements. Probably do better on a thicker oil though in FL.

Back