2020 F350 6.7l diesel- oil change at dealer gone wrong

How about a binder with every recipt including window sticker and fuel receipts since day one?
That is awesome to have. Are you going to give that book to the dealership to keep if you trade the vehicle in? Lots of potential for the buyer to get your home address and such.

I wouldn't be trading ANYTHING into a dealership. Private party only, They'd come to the house to buy what I'm selling. I'd have to meet them on the highway first and then they can follow me back. They'd never find it otherwise. Honest sale for honest people. 8 miles to the nearest gas station. I love it here. If they are sketchy, my 3 pits and Rotten would scare them honest.
A young African American woman pulled up in a FedEx truck since my gate was open. My dogs circled her truck and one Pit was jumping and headbutting the passenger side window. I have never seen that before. The dog has not shown any aggressive behavior ever in the 3 years I've had her since a puppy. Weird. Girl was absolutely terrified.

Last edited:
Dealerships throw maintenance records right in to the "round" (trash) file.
1) They don't care about the records-this has been documented here and elsewhere numerous times.
2) There is no mechanism in place to keep/file/store them.

Yes-in a private party sale they may have some value.

Back