United moving HQ to Denver?

Didn’t mean to “like” this but you should know that that area of Al. Is very nice. Hills, lakes and except for the middle of summer heat, a nice climate.
Ignore him. He hates the south because he drove through it once 30 years ago and saw a shack or something to that affect.

As father of two small kids, one being girl, there is no money that would make me move from here to Indiana.
That is the same reason why Space Force, if it ended up in Huntsville, would lose huge amount of people. Businesses must think of what people want, especially business with high skilled workforce that has options.
Like I said, different people have different priorities which is fine. I am genuinely curious though as to how being the father of a girl has anything to do with it?

Yep, my wife is from Indiana. We drive through Indy a few times a year, and there’s absolutely nothing attractive about that city…or the whole state, as far as I’m concerned.

The weather sucks - it’s cold in the winter and hot in the summer - the worst of both worlds.

Terrain is flat and uninteresting, for the most part.

I will say, the people are nice.

I went to CO once, to hike Pikes Peak, and it was one of the best experiences I’ve ever had!
Gee, if you like Indiana, you'll love Manitoba! 😉

@Astro14
Does it make sense? There is no doubt there is an exodus of corporations from Chicago and that CO is attractive, but... That would be big blow to Chicago.

However, the CFO is shutting down that talk (expected) but it seems that he left doors open:

I don't think they're moving their offices here but could be wrong. Somewhere someone mention that they could be looking for a place to manufacture bio jet fuel.

This is true. When a close friends son was flying for United he looked forward to time in Denver. He could go hiking and enjoy the scenery. In Chicago that wasn’t possible at all.
Unfortunately from the sounds of the local news and others Colorado isn't looking like it will grow very much or add many jobs in 2024. It's also very expensive to live here.

Back