United moving HQ to Denver?

Investors are the biggest issue. Last month 20% of housing purchases in the US were investments. That is hiking up value and making housing unaffordable for many.
We will own nothing yet be happy? Does that ring a bell?

Folks, this is about United moving (Or not) its headquarters.

If it turns into another venue for political gripes, it goes away.

I've been to AL. Space force made the correct decision in staying in CO.
United probably has an agenda that doesn't include moving its HQ. I know Boing left Seattle for Chicago many years ago. Probably a bad move in retrospect along with expanding their plane manufacturing to SC.

IAH to FRA on the UA B772 “Gordon Bethune” - always liked planes and ships named after a former leader/employee …

IMG_3456.jpeg
IMG_3458.jpeg

IMG_3459.jpeg

Last edited:
IAH to FRA on the UA B772 “Gordon Bethune” - always liked planes and ships named after a former leader/employee …

View attachment 204667View attachment 204668

View attachment 204669
Is it true the economy section latrines in United's 737 MAX jets are named after Stephen Wolf? Or are the latrines named after Glenn Tilton?

Is it true the economy section latrines in United's 737 MAX jets are named after Stephen Wolf? Or are the latrines named after Glenn Tilton?

I’m not sure - but heard SW has proposed eliminating toilets on flights one hour or less …

I’m not sure - but heard SW has proposed eliminating toilets on flights one hour or less …
United has come a long, long way from its low points in the 1990s-2000s. I did everything I could to avoid flying United at that time. Today's United can compete with many of the globe's top carriers. My last United flight was blockbuster fantastic.

United has come a long, long way from its low points in the 1990s-2000s. I did everything I could to avoid flying United at that time. Today's United can compete with many of the globe's top carriers. My last United flight was blockbuster fantastic.
I missed allot of that flying CO before the merger - BusinessFirst was better than BA or LH Business when it came out … so made many trips on CO for that reason …

Reactions: GON
Of course, UAL is leaving Chicago. No reason whatsoever for any publicly traded corporation to have its HQ in Illinois. Not a single benefit, but a huge exposure and liability.

Allegations of Breach of Fiduciary Duties

Lawsuits brought against directors and officers of corporate entities often involve allegations of a breach of one or more of fiduciary duties. Those who serve on the board of directors are required to act in the best interest of the shareholders and to maximize the company’s profits. Corporate officers and directors are charged with specific fiduciary duties in their service to the organization, including:

• A Duty of Loyalty and Good Faith
  • A Duty of Care
The duty of care requires that directors and officers use the same degree of diligence, inquiry, and skill in performing their duties as a prudent person would use in similar circumstances. Directors and officers must make informed, good-faith decisions to further the organization’s purposes.

No way any reasonable person can justify the long term static placement of a corporate headquarters of a publicly traded corporation in Illinois. The untenable liabilities of the state will continue on the path of increases in taxation of the remaining corporations and residents of Illinois. Illinois will also suffer a "brain drain", where its best and brightest residents have and will continue to flee the state.
Agree it makes no sense to move to Colorado and not say Indianapolis.

Maybe because in Denver is largest training center in the world, which happens to be United’s? Or their busiest hub (though Chicago will take over this year).
I get that but your corporate staff has to want to move to Colorado. Indianapolis is still right in the middle of the Midwest and relatively large with decent cost of living and good schools. Both NCR and Mercedes lost quite a few employees when they moved to Atlanta because of the schools and traffic. How is Denver in that regard?

I get that but your corporate staff has to want to move to Colorado. Indianapolis is still right in the middle of the Midwest and relatively large with decent cost of living and good schools. Both NCR and Mercedes lost quite a few employees when they moved to Atlanta because of the schools and traffic. How is Denver in that regard?
There are far more reasons to move to Colorado over Indiana if you are looking quality of life. I am hiring people with terminal degrees all the time and we never have a problem hiring people. I can tell you my friends in some other states have opposite problem. I will leave at that as why.

There are far more reasons to move to Colorado over Indiana if you are looking quality of life.
Quality of life is a broad brush and has much variability based on individual priorities. You can argue that due to the climate and terrain CO wins in almost every case on outdoor activities, but outside of that it really depends on the individual.

There are far more reasons to move to Colorado over Indiana if you are looking quality of life. I am hiring people with terminal degrees all the time and we never have a problem hiring people. I can tell you my friends in some other states have opposite problem. I will leave at that as why.
Yep, my wife is from Indiana. We drive through Indy a few times a year, and there’s absolutely nothing attractive about that city…or the whole state, as far as I’m concerned.

The weather sucks - it’s cold in the winter and hot in the summer - the worst of both worlds.

Terrain is flat and uninteresting, for the most part.

I will say, the people are nice.

I went to CO once, to hike Pikes Peak, and it was one of the best experiences I’ve ever had!

I used to fly 2 weeks every month for 6 years straight, most flights were thru OHorror, dunno if Denver airport is big enough for UAL's HQ; their underground structure is magnificent thou ;)

Quality of life is a broad brush and has much variability based on individual priorities. You can argue that due to the climate and terrain CO wins in almost every case on outdoor activities, but outside of that it really depends on the individual.
As father of two small kids, one being girl, there is no money that would make me move from here to Indiana.
That is the same reason why Space Force, if it ended up in Huntsville, would lose huge amount of people. Businesses must think of what people want, especially business with high skilled workforce that has options.

I took a job with Merck Animal Health in 2000. They were the best co in the industry HQ’d in NJ. They had top notch management and marketing teams. A year later they decided to move the HQ to Atlanta. Everybody left except for the CEO who stayed until he found a building for them in Duluth. They had to bring in all new people and the company went to hexx. Talk about a brain drain. One of the big reasons for not moving was the stereotype of Atl being a redneck area with bad schools. That co has been absorbed by another large pharma firm. Merck still has an Animal Health division but it’s much smaller.

Back in the day downtown Chicago was one of my favorite cities to visit - and I have been to every big city in the USA and Canada and many in Europe. But its not like it used to be I hear.

As father of two small kids, one being girl, there is no money that would make me move from here to Indiana.
That is the same reason why Space Force, if it ended up in Huntsville, would lose huge amount of people. Businesses must think of what people want, especially business with high skilled workforce that has options.
Didn’t mean to “like” this but you should know that that area of Al. Is very nice. Hills, lakes and except for the middle of summer heat, a nice climate.

Back