Unique off grid home on 40 acres, $453,000

The description says 40 acres. The lot outline on the photos, at least to me, says maybe 10 acres. I mean, if the house is 100 feet wide its like the the lot is 6 houses wide, or 600 feet. And the lot looks square 600'x600'=8 acres give or take.

You have no perspective because it's all desert. The listing isn't going to stretch it from 8 to 40 acres. The desert landscape (or lack thereof) can really throw off size and distance.

Big price drop of $130k, first listed 6/22 and sat on the market for a year. Sure appears to be a manufactured home that needs a ton of remodeling.

Reactions: GON
Heck no. Not for me.
Nope. I'm too used to New England.

But then again, bet I wouldn't need a lawn mower. So that's a plus. Nor a chainsaw. Starting to sound better...

Although all that dirt around the house, does it just wind up inside? When you have the windows open, or otherwise tracked in when you come inside.

Always wondered about even less remote properties. What if just you is living there and have a heart attack? The body might not be found for over a year when there is a tax sale on the property and the new owner busts through the door.
Indeed. Thing is, unless if you have some sort of condo or apartment setup, where you share walls and hallways, you could do the same thing in the 'burbs. You'll go until someone does a health and welfare check, assuming you had friends and family that cared to check in when you've stopped responding to calls, texts, whatever.

GON I think this model would better suit you...

39943455651_e83ae947fc_o~2.jpg

• Love
GON I think this model would better suit you...

View attachment 177832
I'm all on, just need you to go fifty fifty with me as my Wife would leave me. Can you keep me warm at night and wash my clothes? In return I will keep your car full of gas and change burned out light bulbs throughout the house/hanger. Even if the bulbs are fifty feet high......

Not much solar - big roof could of held plenty …
Well, certainly a low maintenance yard 😂
Wonder what the weight issues are with a roof completely covered in solar. I imagine 2x4 outside walls might mnot like the weight of a full solar roof.

Wonder what the weight issues are with a roof completely covered in solar. I imagine 2x4 outside walls might mnot like the weight of a full solar roof.
Have never seen a full roof - new house near me might have 1/3
(up near top - transfers some load into other face) …

• Helpful
Hughsnet doesn't always work so good. Numerous private equity firms and other organizations will be getting billion dollar checks from the USD to provide enhanced rural Internet service.
How well it works so well is another subject.

Starlink might be an option.

No lawn to mow, if you consider that a plus.

Also, close to the roadkill cafe. I'll take a splatter platter.

1694380675347.jpg

I am wondering if the home was some type of prefab sections combined together, with outside trim to mask the prefab. The bedroom with the sealed windows suggests this was a pre-fab of some nature.
I kinda think it may be a modular home due to the discoloration in the roof at each side of center, looks like the roofing was stitched together...

Back