Underhood detailing '95 Olds 88

Car was sitting the last ten years but wasn't too dirty, just dusty. Lightly sprayed everything with Gunk, then went over it with my pressure washer. Let it dry a few days, then sprayed everything with Meguier's Hyper Dressing mixed 50/50 with water.

IMG_1261.JPG

IMG_1270.JPG

IMG_1281.JPG

Any pictures of the exterior or still cleaning that up? Excellent results with the engine bay. Smart diluting the dressing down to that ratio.

That's in great shape, recently bought or have you owned for a while?

We had '94 Olds 98 with the supercharged 3800 for several years, was a great car. I wouldn't mind another (88 or 98) if I could find one in decent shape. Used to be a lot of 88's on the road, and some 98's. They're seldom seen on the road now.

Last edited:
Does the Meguier,s leave a sticky mess that collects dust? Serious question.
I wouldn't say it collects more dust than without it, just that it may be more noticeable then without it after a few months. It's water based so a quick hosing off will take care of the dust or even an air hose.

You missed a spot. :)

For real, like the hood insulation.

On mine, I've long wanted to remove it and try to at least rinse off the years of dust and dirt (as well as the sheetmetal it hides), but that would also mean having to remove the spring pins and redoing their alignment, so that part of the engine compartment has gone unaddressed.

Back