Under what conditions do tires last the longest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: dparm
Originally Posted By: CapriRacer

Is alignment an issue? Yes, toe-in plays a role here.

Finally, someone else who understands that TOE eats tires way faster than camber does.

Camber does wear out tires fast but toes eats tire even faster. But most high performance cars have heavy toe-in.

The way I see toe-in is that it is a multiplier to whatever issue is present. If the camber is too high, it will accelerate the wear caused by the camber. If the camber is OK, then you just get accelerated wear.

So it is possible to get fairly even wear - even though the camber is less than optimal for wear.

Originally Posted By: jimwards17
Let's say you drive 90% highway and 10% city. Would your tires last longer than someone who drives 90% city and 10% highway?
Yes.

Originally Posted By: rjundi
Driving straight which leans toward highway driving. Turning wears tires the fastest(eg in town).
01.gif

Originally Posted By: Errtt
Wife scrubs the tread a lot by turning the wheel while not rolling (parking, stop then turning the wheel while stopped etc).
cry.gif

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
In my case new tires are cheaper than offering advice.
lol.gif

My wife easily gets 50k+ out of tires on her Legacy GT wagon in 215/45/17 size typically W and Z rated. She drives the majority of miles as highway and is sedate in corners mostly.

I once heard a line Subaru's eat tires, meh. This car has been aligned once at 90k miles and now has 160k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back