Uh oh, Lucas is onto us 😯

lucas oil gear spinner toy is only good for killing time while waiting in line at the auto parts store. No one should put that sticky swill in an actual engine.

Attachments

• 1_68fd138f2eed8f2afbe2de7a3d479262.jpg
    1_68fd138f2eed8f2afbe2de7a3d479262.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 37
lucas oil gear spinner toy is only good for killing time while waiting in line at the auto parts store. No one should put that sticky swill in an actual engine.

My father in law swore by it, dumped a bunch in his car with every oil change. When I asked why he never could answer my question.
I guess it made him feel better or something.
Often wondered what would happen if he kept his cars a while, but he never did. By the time they got to 80k or 90k kms he traded them in on a new one.
Wish he had driven one to 500k kms and then let me take it apart for a look.

My father in law swore by it, dumped a bunch in his car with every oil change. When I asked why he never could answer my question.
I guess it made him feel better or something.
Often wondered what would happen if he kept his cars a while, but he never did. By the time they got to 80k or 90k kms he traded them in on a new one.
Wish he had driven one to 500k kms and then let me take it apart for a look.
That might only show that it did no harm. There’s no way to tell that it did any good.

Dropping off the used oil from my OPE last night at AAP. Mom and probably mid 20's daughter come in and ask for Lucas Oil Stabilzer. Clerk directs them accordingly, no questions.

I asked the question but didn't have much time and they didn't seem to have much either. 2017 Rav4 started "knocking". Friend told them to add the Lucas and if it gets quiet then it might last, if not she needs a new motor. I referred them to the shop I use just in case and explained that the Lucas is basically just a really thick oil they would be adding and should probably get it looked at as it might be something easy if just started doing it.

I didn't ask how many miles and thought after I left that they will probably just add the quart and be a quart over if it was good before.

Back