Uh oh, Lucas is onto us 😯

PXL_20230619_231658213.jpg

LOW VISCOSITY Stabilizer 🫣🤔

Probably for the 0w16/0w8 crowd who feel they need a little extra

God help us 🙄

Back OT slightly, we consistently deride OG Lucas oil stabilizer as some cheap base stocks/soap and dye
Basically, diluting/weakening any decent oil it's added to

The low viscosity bottle feels much thinner, closer to actual normal oil viscosities

I guess someone's gotta do a VOA?

I know it's basically gear lube, and I know there's better ways to quiet stuff down, but when all else fails and you're on a road trip with a Chevy with 280,000 miles Lucas will bring you some more oil pressure and you won't loose oil prime overnight. I wouldn't put it in a healthy engine

I know it's basically gear lube, and I know there's better ways to quiet stuff down, but when all else fails and you're on a road trip with a Chevy with 280,000 miles Lucas will bring you some more oil pressure and you won't loose oil prime overnight. I wouldn't put it in a healthy engine
It’s not even gear lube, it’s worse than that. I wouldn’t use this in a gearbox ever.

And only 280,000 miles? Pffft.

And additives to your oil with Group I crap....

There's better ways, like using thicker oil or at least better additives that actually contain additive packages...
From a former member of this site:

I am going off my normal science based comments now with some experiential background in the industry about what might be the newer Lucas Synthetic Stabilizer formula.

Forrest Lucas is originally from Indiana, BIOSYNTHETIC.inc is located in Indianapolis and makes some very interesting NEW unique estolides base lubricants that behave very well to do the same thing as "Brightstock" and probably better.

Most of these thick additives EP capable base oils used to be founded on petroleum BRIGHTSTOCK and that got expensive....... so formulators were looking for other products to fill the void.

https://www.lubesngreases.com/magazine/27_11/is-bright-stock-irreplaceable/

I THINK/GUESS thats what the "synthetic" is in this product and is NOT REPORTABLE. Here's some more info. https://www.biosynthetic.com/products/

My point is a well formulated engine oil proper viscosity for the engine design (and most are mostly synthetic now) will have constituents that Lucas Synthetic Stabilizer actually is using but in appropriate volume for the total formulation to be ideal.

Hasn't that low vis crap been around for a while? People will do anything but bump up a grade.
Maybe a few years?

Back