Two Foods I'll Never Stop Eating

I eat alot of eggs and potatoes too, for breakfast I like a baked potato with a couple of sunny side up eggs put into the potato.... Runny egg yolk with some salt and pepper is a pretty good "sauce" IMO.
Here's a couple days production of the flock last spring.View attachment 133847
I pretty much survive on eggs and lots of oatmeal these days. Been trying to MAKE myself get back to veggies.

We go through at least 2 cartons of eggs a week. Veggie and meat omelettes, scrambled egg tacos, fried eggs on sandwiches and burgers, runny over-easy eggs on top of bowl of seasoned meat and rice, hard boiled eggs in soups or just eaten whole. Love eggs!
When I had two teen age sons in the house..... whoa. Gallon of milk + eggs from the store every other day PLUS a lot of other groceries.
LOL. We felt like we hit a $lottery$ when they got married and left home.

When I had two teen age sons in the house..... whoa. Gallon of milk + eggs from the store every other day PLUS a lot of other groceries.
LOL. We felt like we hit a $lottery$ when they got married and left home.
Tell me about it. I have four kids at home. Two eat like birds and other two eat like horses. We do a lot of meal preparation and planning with limited snacks otherwise we’d be food poor.

This thread is full of opinions; nothing wrong with that as long as they are acknowledged as such.

When the opinions turn to insults and trolling, that's a problem.

Some of you need to knock it off, or repercussions will ensue.
You've been warned.

considering Big Pharma controls the Media etc + many med + nutritional colleges are similarly funded including big food its NO wonder mainstream information IMO is quite OFF. several nutritional pros note not following the SAD diet aka Standard American Diet has enough carbs to promote diabetes let alone NOT cure or help it IMO also !! Always remember a Doc is "supposed" to be helping + working for you BUT YOU have the last word as its your body + you need to live with it.

Last edited:
Just got back from Costco with the 5 dozen double pack of eggs for $15.99 and a 24 pack for $6.49, had a 2 pack limit. ;)

I buy Eggland's Best 18 ct carton for $6.49 and Sam's Club organic free range 2 dozen for about $8. Both at Sam's Club.
I'm not sure if I'll save enough to cover the $45 a year membership, but it doesn't matter much to me, I just like going there.
They have nice eggs, food oils, potatoes, lettuce, bananas, etc.

Tell me about it. I have four kids at home. Two eat like birds and other two eat like horses. We do a lot of meal preparation and planning with limited snacks otherwise we’d be food poor.
Interestingly enough a bird eats exponentially more than its body weight daily to generate the energy for all that flapping. A horse eats a fraction of its body weight on a daily basis. But we always use them as an example exactly opposite to their true eating habits.

I get about 20 a day from the girls I eat 3to4 every morning.

Attachments

• 20230104_050559.jpg
    20230104_050559.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230104_050842.jpg
    20230104_050842.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 0
Interestingly enough a bird eats exponentially more than its body weight daily to generate the energy for all that flapping. A horse eats a fraction of its body weight on a daily basis. But we always use them as an example exactly opposite to their true eating habits.
That’s interesting. Didn’t know that. I guess it’s more about the relationship to our size.

Wife makes me two poached eggs each morning before she leaves for work.
Once in a while I tell her not to. On a day when I am feeling like throwing caution to the wind I will "go bad" :devilish:.
Chop up a potato , thin as I can with green onion , white onion , fresh garlic and all kind of seasonings , even real bacon bits and smother that down in olive oil. When all nice and browned up , toss in a bunch of eggs. Doctors would have a fit!

Wife makes me two poached eggs each morning before she leaves for work.
Once in a while I tell her not to. On a day when I am feeling like throwing caution to the wind I will "go bad" :devilish:.
Chop up a potato , thin as I can with green onion , white onion , fresh garlic and all kind of seasonings , even real bacon bits and smother that down in olive oil. When all nice and browned up , toss in a bunch of eggs. Doctors would have a fit!
I don't really see the issue - mainly how MUCH or HOW BIG potato?

whole eggs are one of the best real foods, potatoes are just OK unless eaten RAW like 4 qts of mlk i drink weekly, down from 6 while working! Sten Ekburg ate a 100 eggs in 10 days + he noted he got no bad effects but hes surely above average before that.

Do you eat raw corn?

Back