TWA Flight 800 Investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Wilhelm_D
Relative to the jet fuel's volatility, it is my understanding that in places like Russia and India it is not unknown for jets to be accidentally refueled with avgas.

Relative to the NTSB, when it comes to DOD, CIA, and FBI NTSB gets spoon fed whatever they are given. If they were spoon fed fuel vapors igniting, that is all they would know.

Finally, while an IR shoulder held missile would home for the engine, a laser guided missile like the Swedish RBS-70 would perform just as the witnesses describe the "skyrocket" performing.

I have an open mind on the issue.

There is a difference between an open mind and the inability to discern truth from fiction, or likelihood from speculation. The NTSB was spoon fed nothing. They found every piece of that airplane and reconstructed it in a hangar. They spent over a year testing every hypothesis, doing detailed material analysis, reconstructing events. Where is the spoon feeding in that?

I encourage you to read the entire report that I linked. The whole thing. Then, tell me where, in that analysis of facts and material evidence, "spoon feeding" happened.

Originally Posted By: Wilhelm_D

Finally, while an IR shoulder held missile would home for the engine, a laser guided missile like the Swedish RBS-70 would perform just as the witnesses describe the "skyrocket" performing.

I have an open mind on the issue.

It is this kind of missile that concerns me, because:

1. It has a Mach 2+ velocity
2. Laser guided so almost impossible to jam
3. 1.1 kg warhead capability, fragmentation warhead or "other."

It has been "exported to 18 countries worldwide, including Australia, Argentina, Bahrain, Brazil, the Czech Republic, Finland, Germany, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Latvia, Norway, Pakistan, Singapore, Thailand, Tunisia and the United Arab Emirates."

Last edited:
This is amazing. I cannot believe you guys are talking about DEWs!
I mean, that is incredible!! If any tried to tell Joe Citizen about DEWs, they would look at them blankly and probably say something like "I never seen one, so you're full of it. Wheres the bullets and explosions guy?".

Most people will never see them, and most (99%) of victims will never know WHAT hit em. Because, people can't see radio energy, it doesn't exist and must be star wars stuff.... and for that exact reason energy weapons are a military's wet dream! Huge effects, no trace! You got all kinds of DEWs, Satellite mounted geostationary ones, large ground-based arrays and the portable military ones you see in magazines used for crowd control, roasting terrorists in busses in a matter of seconds, and ones used for remotely setting forest fires, creating extreme localized weather and sabotaging factories with huge fires, using elecromagnetic resonances 'scalar waves' to MODULATE GRAVITY and induce seismic activities. WAIT, ignore the last bit there. That's too much.

lol.gif

Originally Posted By: azsynthetic
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
From your previous posts, you intimated you worked for Boeing Helicopters or Raytheon, not Honeywell.

I have over 35 years in the aviation industries working direct or as a consultant with GD (which is now Lockheed), McDonnell Douglas (which is now Boeing), Boeing, Rockwell (which is now Collins), 3M Defense, Raytheon, Logicon (which is now Northrop Grumman), and several smaller companies. I am now a consultant/project manager for Honeywell Flight Control System and part time consultant for GE Aviation. I prefer to stick with the people that are actually in the business and not just internet hearsay.

Sounds like we have had similar career paths.

I have over 40 years as a Scientist/Engineer in primarily Aerospace before I retired from the rat race and set up my own technology consulting company.

MDAC - Cruise Missile (Tomahawk/Harpoon) Development and simulation; MDEC - Military Integrated Circuit Development for the AF and NSA

Boeing - RF and Nuclear Analyst for IDS group, DEW development.

RC - Avionics Systems Development (Weather Radar, Vertical Weather/Windshear, Synthetic Vision, Comm. Systems, FMC), etc.

Adjunct Professor of Physics at local Universities.

My only flight experience is as a test engineer on business jets and flying friends private aircraft.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back