Turkish has Tesla killer !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Turkey says its new electric car is better than a Tesla

A prototype of the Pehlivan Elektrak, an electric car designed in part with support from the Turkish government, recently concluded a two-week tour of Balkan countries. Turkish initiatives like this could be an improvement on the models made by Canadian American magnate Elon Musk’s Tesla Motors, at least according to Turkey’s science minister.

Our car will be better and safer than Tesla’s car,” said Science, Industry and Technology Minister Fikri Isik, as quoted by Hurriyet Daily News. “While they need to establish charging stations, we will integrate the charging station into the car thanks to a developed engine which extends the car’s range.”

“We will need a producer to start manufacturing,” Isik told reporters. “We will announce crucial cooperation deals for this part very soon.” The minister thinks Turkey’s domestic electric-car project will be able to compete with ventures from Tesla, Google and other companies.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worl...r-than-a-tesla/

Well what are they going to say, it's worse than a Tesla? Of course the PR person/press release will say it's better.

But then, that's the headline. The text backs off the assertion and says it "could be" an improvement.

Then again, it may not be an improvement.

Can't believe everything the headline tries to tell you.

Built in Hookah!
b1a6ef699791b844a7211b41787b59ba.jpg

I'd be surprised that it would pass any North American safety tests. I watched the video in the link and a couple of people were able the lift the rear end up to scoot it over and align it with some loading ramps, then it only took a hand full of people to push it up the ramps and into the back of a straight truck. That thing is light as a feather and I suspect it wouldn't take much abuse.

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
I'd be surprised that it would pass any North American safety tests. I watched the video in the link and a couple of people were able the lift the rear end up to scoot it over and align it with some loading ramps, then it only took a hand full of people to push it up the ramps and into the back of a straight truck. That thing is light as a feather and I suspect it wouldn't take much abuse.

Quote:
“Our car will be better and safer than Tesla’s car,” said Science, Industry and Technology Minister Fikri Isik.

Lesson: Don't trust anyone even if that person is a higher up officer, need to verify their claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back