Tuned Accord 2.0T - First Oil Change Choices?

Thank your government then for reducing your engine lifespan from 300k to 100k.

Listen, if people did as they are told we would all live in the gulag of the USSR at this point. People who blindly follow the rules without quesitoning their reasoning are stupid. Yes. Stupid. Even engineers KNOWINGLY will tell you to do something if held at gun point or the risk of LOSING THEIR JOB

If its a naturally aspirated dual injected old school motor, I am sure 0w20 would be fine, but on a turbocharged GDI engine? The germans already went through that and I refuse to lose money on honda's behalf.
Honestly, this blanket statement has zero to back it up.......feel free to post a reputable study.

0w-20 engines , DI turbo included, can easily go 300k, many here have done so.
95% of turbo DI drivers take their civics to and from work.
0w-20 Is more than adequate.

If you arent following manufacturers guidelines and aren't worried about warranty (obviously because tuned). I would run a 5w30, specifically top tec 4200

Many? Honda 2.0t engine has been around since 2018, so in 5 years or so many people have 300k miles? Thats 60k a year.
0w-20 might be adequate if this engine did not put 4-5% oil dilution which reduces viscosity to 0w-10. Was 5% oil dilution by design?
I was not referring to honda specifically.
0w-20 in a DI turbo engine.

Not the 2.0.....the so called garbage engine.
As a side note.....I've been on many hnda forums for 5 plus years..... I have yet to read about 1 engine failure on the 1.5.
Lots of dilution but zero failures.

Thank your government then for reducing your engine lifespan from 300k to 100k.

Listen, if people did as they are told we would all live in the gulag of the USSR at this point. People who blindly follow the rules without quesitoning their reasoning are stupid. Yes. Stupid. Even engineers KNOWINGLY will tell you to do something if held at gun point or the risk of LOSING THEIR JOB

If its a naturally aspirated dual injected old school motor, I am sure 0w20 would be fine, but on a turbocharged GDI engine? The germans already went through that and I refuse to lose money on honda's behalf.
The most powerful production 4 cylinder on the planet is specced 0w20.

Attachments

• 20230113_064801.jpg
    20230113_064801.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 43
Any evidence that either the 1.5T or 2.0T benefit from premium fuel on a factory tune? Just trying to learn.
In summer with high AIT's a higher octane could definitely preserve timing in a boosted platform. If the car makes xxx power on 87 and the fuel cap says 87 then id run 87.

Any evidence that either the 1.5T or 2.0T benefit from premium fuel on a factory tune? Just trying to learn.
Read any Honda forum where Hondata has posted. Hondata's own website should have the data as well, that on 87 both engines are pulling a lot of timing to reduce knock. You get slightly more power on 91 and 93 in the low and high end, but not really any "peak" difference. Hondata even proved that to remove ANY timing adjustment by the ECU you have to run 100 octane, which is what Honda used to make their base map tunes.

I was not referring to honda specifically.
0w-20 in a DI turbo engine.

Not the 2.0.....the so called garbage engine.
As a side note.....I've been on many hnda forums for 5 plus years..... I have yet to read about 1 engine failure on the 1.5.
Lots of dilution but zero failures.
Google Honda 1.5t head gasket failure or turbo failure. There's a plethora of people. Don't be dense.

Switched to 5w30. So far no MPG difference, engine took a bit more to warm up. But all good

Google Honda 1.5t head gasket failure or turbo failure. There's a plethora of people. Don't be dense
I did Google....all of those sites are BS click bait articles.

Any reputable source just lists heavy dilution which we all know already.

Go educate yourself and view the many UOA's here from actual 1.5t honda owners.
Fuel is high yes, but all bearing amd metals are within normal ranges.

Don't be ignorant.

Google Honda 1.5t head gasket failure or turbo failure. There's a plethora of people. Don't be dense.
Is the Honda 1.5T engine reliable? Yes, it’s a pretty reliable engine all-around. We’ll give the Honda 1.5 Turbo above average remarks for reliability. It’s still a newer engine so time will tell how they hold up in the longer-term. The 1.5T engine suffers from a few common problems, but nothing too major in the grand scheme. Though, it’s important to beware of oil dilution as too much can affect the 1.5 Turbo longevity. Otherwise, the Honda 1.5T is a solid, reliable engine.

Not my words.
This is the sentiment across many tuning sites.
You are simply blowing something up that is simply not there. Pun intended.

Lets not generalize, this is specifically for 2.0t.
No it's not.
The OP stated that the 1.5t is a dog of an engine that has head gasket failures and turbo failures across the board.
This is grosly incorrect.

What I am posting IS on topic.

Back