TSX Bad Plug Question

My friend's 2007 Acura TSX with the mighty K24 developed a #3 misfire, but not horrible like a bad coil.
Plugs have 35K, engine has 115K.
Here's the NGK stock plug; any idea what the problem is?
Thanks in advance!
1646666557062.png

Whats the gap of the plug versus spec?

If you run your plugs too tight, they'll wear out prematurely

Marc pulled another plug and said it looked similar. I will post more when I see the car. He is replacing all 4 so he can use the car.
These are the stock NGKs that last for like 90K. I probably bought them off Amazon...

NGK Spark Plugs (USA),Inc. IZFR6K11​

Picture is a bit blurry and taken from a strange angle, hard to see what is happening. But it does look a bit fouled.

Those plugs usually last a lot longer than 30K. I wonder if you received fake ones.

I bought my NGK's from the Honda dealer to avoid the possibility of getting counterfeit plugs. A bit pricier, but I was there anyway to pick up filters.

Marc replaced the 4 plugs with NGKs from a retail store, probably NAPA.
Plugs 1 and 4 were rine, 2 and 3 were badly worn. He will bring it by tomorrow and I will clean the MAF and TB.
Here are the Amazon NGK plugs I bought in 2019.... I am leaning towards fake plugs.
Some things just ain't right!

Bingo. Had that issue a couple years ago when I did the plugs on my V6 Rav4. Bought them from either Amazon or ebay. Lasted about 18K before I started getting misfire codes. All the the plugs were shot. Got a real set from Napa.

oh no! You had to deal with that on a Toyota transverse V6? :cautious:

Those are almost impossible, so it's really sad you had to do it all over again so soon :poop:

Marc pulled another plug and said it looked similar. I will post more when I see the car. He is replacing all 4 so he can use the car.
These are the stock NGKs that last for like 90K. I probably bought them off Amazon...

NGK Spark Plugs (USA),Inc. IZFR6K11​

Going to say those were most likely fakes then.

This is exactly why I only buy plugs at the dealer.

Back