Trying to bring back to lifr a good condition leather seat that was exposed to extended rain

Found two 2004 Lincoln Navigator seats. Driver seat in excellent condition. Passenger seat WAS in excellent condition, but the Navigator was in a accident at the passenger right side. Water fell and sat on the seat for an extended amount of time, causing the letter to be dirty and hard. Leather is also not coming clean with basic cleaning.

Decided to soak the leather in Lexol conditioner. Hoping the Lexol soaks into the leather and softens the leather up. For the past two days, first thing in the morning I apply a excess amount of Lexol. By the next morning, the Lexol has been absorbed. At this time the softness to the leather has not returned. I am hopeful after a few more days this method may work- but I have no idea.

View attachment 86648
Leatherique rejuvenator !

• Helpful
Reactions: GON
Found two 2004 Lincoln Navigator seats. Driver seat in excellent condition. Passenger seat WAS in excellent condition, but the Navigator was in a accident at the passenger right side. Water fell and sat on the seat for an extended amount of time, causing the letter to be dirty and hard. Leather is also not coming clean with basic cleaning.

Decided to soak the leather in Lexol conditioner. Hoping the Lexol soaks into the leather and softens the leather up. For the past two days, first thing in the morning I apply a excess amount of Lexol. By the next morning, the Lexol has been absorbed. At this time the softness to the leather has not returned. I am hopeful after a few more days this method may work- but I have no idea.

View attachment 86648
Check out www.Picard.com. Old American company with great leather care products.

• Helpful
Reactions: GON
Back