Trying Castrol magnetic for first time today

It’s been 2 years since I change the oil on my garage queen 2003 mustang cobra . My plan was using same set up Mobil 1 5w30 and Mobil 1 oil filter . Went to my local Walmart . Suprise NONE 5w30 weight I want . No Mobil miles

No penzoil platinum . Seem like all 5w30 full synthetic is sold out , dam pandemic .... anyway I have a choice between max life full sync 5w30 and castrol magnetic . I heard all those hype about magnetic ... so I pick up 2 gallon and fram ultra xg2 . Hope it live up to expectations . Will change it same time next years . This time I will do 1 years oil change since it say 3-5 month at a time .

It’s been 2 years since I change the oil on my garage queen 2003 mustang cobra . My plan was using same set up Mobil 1 5w30 and Mobil 1 oil filter . Went to my local Walmart . Suprise NONE 5w30 weight I want . No Mobil miles

No penzoil platinum . Seem like all 5w30 full synthetic is sold out , dam pandemic .... anyway I have a choice between max life full sync 5w30 and castrol magnetic . I heard all those hype about magnetic ... so I pick up 2 gallon and fram ultra xg2 . Hope it live up to expectations . Will change it same time next years . This time I will do 1 years oil change since it say 3-5 month at a time .
You just totally justified why many of us have varying sizes of stashes!

Zero chance … you ever have that semi synthetic oxidize - and all this love I’m reading goes away …
Castrol Edge is far better oil, especially the EP, but I prefer to do business with American companies
4WD, Blaming the oil for an engine/ fuel/driving pattern problem? It is oil, It's not magic :)

I DO Agree there are Better oils out there for cold start, power, longevity and cleanliness, but it isnt a "bad" oil.

I had the best luck with the old semi-synthetic version in a 5W30 grade. Ran it for a long OCI in my troubleprone, noisey Nissan QR25DE engine in the '14 Rogue. It was so good I didnt want to change it.

But now, I find the "magnatec" properties to overwhelming for a full sump, so I use it s as a top off "elixer" It does seem to quiet engines - even in small doses - if but for a short while.

Has it ever been exposed what BOP is employing here ? Maybe a film forming polymer like a functionalised poylmethacrylate?
-Ken

4WD, Blaming the oil for an engine/ fuel/driving pattern problem? It is oil, It's not magic :)

I DO Agree there are Better oils out there for cold start, power, longevity and cleanliness, but it isnt a "bad" oil.

I had the best luck with the old semi-synthetic version in a 5W30 grade. Ran it for a long OCI in my troubleprone, noisey Nissan QR25DE engine in the '14 Rogue. It was so good I didnt want to change it.

But now, I find the "magnatec" properties to overwhelming for a full sump, so I use it s as a top off "elixer" It does seem to quiet engines - even in small doses - if but for a short while.

Has it ever been exposed what BOP is employing here ? Maybe a film forming polymer like a functionalised poylmethacrylate?
-Ken
That engine has 70k now and went to dealer after the oil flipped in 3K … no issues and only in the 40K area code then … it has been operated the same on M1, QSUD, and even PG for 4K to 5K with no issues
How you use it as a small dose elixir ? … I’m doing that with $3.12 ST SAE30 😷

Back