“Truck” oil for a little car?

No doubt. Be careful though, overfilling the level on dipstick will turn it into an industrial farm tractor.
I’m running Rotella 15W-40 in a little 3.5hp Briggs & Stratton. Let’s hope it morphs into a Yanmar or a Cummins B3.9 in a year. 😛

Hi
I have a 2020 Mazda 3. I haven’t changed oil yet. It calls for 0w20 synthetic. My local store had this Mobil synthetic on sale

It’s labeled as “truck/suv” oil - for “hard working engines”. I think my little Mazda engine works hard so I bought a jug.

Any issues? The “truck/suv” thing is only marketing - right?

Thanks b
Considering the volume of people who wear yoga pants to sit on the couch and eat Doritos or the volume of people who fuel
With Gatorade to watch law and order marathons on sunday I’d say the marketing is thick, far thicker than that 0w20.

Hi
I have a 2020 Mazda 3. I haven’t changed oil yet. It calls for 0w20 synthetic. My local store had this Mobil synthetic on sale

It’s labeled as “truck/suv” oil - for “hard working engines”. I think my little Mazda engine works hard so I bought a jug.

Any issues? The “truck/suv” thing is only marketing - right?

Thanks b
It’s good oil … but might cause a Honda Deflector to grow on that Mazda … 😷
(it’s in my Jeep now) …
56E40CB7-F8DD-4B73-ADBD-CA3625190B92.jpeg

It was pure marketing BS. It's nothing special. It's just a quality fill synthetic oil. Maybe a step up the full synthetic chart as now most manufacturers have multiple qualities full synthetic oil.

The gimmick didn't sell and Mobil has discontinued the Truck/SUV oil same as the annual protection oil also.

What you find still available is simply old stock but a good quality oil.

Mobil 1 Truck & SUV is standard Mobil 1 with 10% extra detergents. That's direct from the horse's mouth:

"Mobil 1 Truck & SUV 0W-20 motor oil outperforms our conventional and synthetic blend oils. The advanced full synthetic formula can also help:

• Extend engine life
  • Clean up engine sludge with 10% more sludge‐fighting additive†
  • Deliver quick cold‐weather starts with outstanding low‐temperature capabilities"
So trucks and SUV's need more detergents in their oils. 🤐

When checking that reference mark....

"†Compared to Mobil 1™ motor oil. Additive percentage may not correspond with percentage of engine protection benefits."

It was pure marketing BS. It's nothing special. It's just a quality fill synthetic oil. Maybe a step up the full synthetic chart as now most manufacturers have multiple qualities full synthetic oil.

The gimmick didn't sell and Mobil has discontinued the Truck/SUV oil same as the annual protection oil also.

What you find still available is simply old stock but a good quality oil.
It’s 30% PAO+Grp3 … I think it’s better than RGT the one that really tried to market a “truck name” …
The only claim I saw was 10% more sludge protection chemicals …
M1 EP actually has more Zn …
Anyway … hope they try again (see $15 tag on mine 😷)

If you run that " Truck oil " along with high octane gas , the sky's the limit . Hang on for the ride ... 😁

Back