Truck Gas Mileage

If we say that we’re joking around or our post was a joke, apparently that makes it true. So, yeah. ;)
His was clearly in jest, yours was clearly a misinterpretation of his attempt at humour, which your follow-up confirms, taking exception to his attempt at clarifying his shot at making humour. You might not have found it funny, but the attempt was clear with his effort, whereas there clearly was none in your case.

His was clearly in jest, yours was clearly a misinterpretation of his attempt at humour, which your follow-up confirms, taking exception to his attempt at clarifying his shot at making humour. You might not have found it funny, but the attempt was clear with his effort, whereas there clearly was none in your case.
That’s nice.

No, I said that’s nice. Not it’s nice.
Yes, you used the contraction "that's" which means "that is", saying my statement was nice. Of course you might have been trying to blow me off like a Valley girl, but, you couldn't have been doing that, right? You wouldn't have been trying to blow me off, using a dismissive tone, because, I mean, all I did was draw attention to the fact you used some rather inappropriate verbiage when you failed to pick up on some weak humour that you clearly got a bit backed-up over. You could have taken some Metamucil and got that flowing again, maybe have avoided the "if you had half a brain" snark, but you didn't, you let your clearly lodged stool drive your posting and now we are stuck here having this super fun conversation!

Yes, you used the contraction "that's" which means "that is", saying my statement was nice. Of course you might have been trying to blow me off like a Valley girl, but, you couldn't have been doing that, right? You wouldn't have been trying to blow me off, using a dismissive tone, because, I mean, all I did was draw attention to the fact you used some rather inappropriate verbiage when you failed to pick up on some weak humour that you clearly got a bit backed-up over. You could have taken some Metamucil and got that flowing again, maybe have avoided the "if you had half a brain" snark, but you didn't, you let your clearly lodged stool drive your posting and now we are stuck here having this super fun conversation!
Aw, you're too cute. Look at you using all those big words trying to sound smart and chastising someone for using "inappropriate verbiage" while doing the same thing that you're accusing someone else of. Aw.

:)

My B2600 is my current daily and it gets 20-22 mpg. My 98 ranger gets around 15-16 last I checked. My 84 F250 gets 18-19 mpg on summer fuel and about 14-15 on winter fuel. The 86 F250 I have yet to get road worthy. Working on it currently but I'm real curious to see what it gets with the 5 speed. If the 84 F250 can 18-19 with an auto trans with non locking torque converter I should be able to break 20 mpg with the 86. Not too shabby for a truck that old.

Aw, you're too cute. Look at you using all those big words trying to sound smart and
Aww, and look at you trying to be patronizing, truly adorable. I don't need to sound smart and I'm absolutely certain that you know why.
tyman said:
chastising someone for using "inappropriate verbiage" while doing the same thing that you're accusing someone else of. Aw.

:)

I've used no berating terms here. I've not called you names (though I did indicate you might be a bit backed up, you seem crusty), I've not implied that you lacked intelligence (quite unlike what you just tried to do to me, poor form BTW), I simply indicated that you missing his sarcasm and then basically calling him stupid was in poor taste. Instead of ceding the legitimacy of that point you chose to turn it into this ridiculous charade, one I'm having quite a bit of fun with really.

Aww, and look at you trying to be patronizing, truly adorable. I don't need to sound smart and I'm absolutely certain that you know why.

I've used no berating terms here. I've not called you names (though I did indicate you might be a bit backed up, you seem crusty), I've not implied that you lacked intelligence (quite unlike what you just tried to do to me, poor form BTW), I simply indicated that you missing his sarcasm and then basically calling him stupid was in poor taste. Instead of ceding the legitimacy of that point you chose to turn it into this ridiculous charade, one I'm having quite a bit of fun with really.
I don’t need to be patronizing, you’re doing it to yourself.

No one said anything remotely close to you lacking intelligence. Just that you were using big words trying to sound smart by using them.

And again, you’re missing the entire point of my posts towards him and no one called him stupid so the only thing you’re having fun with is making a mountain out of a molehill of nothingness and sticking your nose where it doesn’t belong.

We’re done here. Have a good night.

I don’t need to be patronizing, you’re doing it to yourself.
Right, using a patronizing tone isn't being patronizing, got it.
No one said anything remotely close to you lacking intelligence. Just that you were using big words trying to sound smart by using them.
That's exactly what that statement implies. This is how I write, I wasn't "pumping up" my vocabulary for your benefit or to impress, I always write this way, which again, I'm sure you were already aware of and are attempting to deflect and diffuse with the above.
And again, you’re missing the entire point of my posts towards him and no one called him stupid
Guy, what do you think the statement "if you had half a brain" means? Good grief! 🤦‍♂️
so the only thing you’re having fun with is making a mountain out of a molehill of nothingness and sticking your nose where it doesn’t belong.
Ahhh, and now you've taken the line that you get to dictate where others belong! :ROFLMAO: Again, you made an off-colour remark, I suggested it was in poor taste:
"Easy now, it's clear he's joking around, the insult was unnecessary and in poor taste."

And instead of ceding the legitimacy of that critique, the above exchange ensued and now we have this fun little dumpster fire!
We’re done here. Have a good night.
You have a great night too! Maybe you'll be of a more civil mind tomorrow.

My B2600 is my current daily and it gets 20-22 mpg. My 98 ranger gets around 15-16 last I checked. My 84 F250 gets 18-19 mpg on summer fuel and about 14-15 on winter fuel. The 86 F250 I have yet to get road worthy. Working on it currently but I'm real curious to see what it gets with the 5 speed. If the 84 F250 can 18-19 with an auto trans with non locking torque converter I should be able to break 20 mpg with the 86. Not too shabby for a truck that old.
That's pretty amazing about the 84 F250. 🤯

C'mon gentlemen. Let's move on and stay on the subject. :)
My cousins wife's 2018 NAVI with the 3.5 EB gets about 24 mpg on the highway, "IF" she can keep her foot out of the gas! :D

Back