Troy Bilt with B&S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey i bought a troy bilt push mower with 6.75 B&S motor this spring... looking for a oil recommendation... shows a 30wt oil or a 5W30 synthetic has probably 12-15 hours on it for 1st oil change.... was thinking Pennzoil Platinum 5W30 and also JD LA105 going with PYB from Valvoline/NAPA 10W30

I just changed the oil in our 13hp Briggs with Castrol heavy duty 30 weight. I had previously used exclusively the Briggs brand, however, decided to try the Castrol this time. So far...so good. I had posed the question as to what oil to use in our mower and one of the replies I received stated that Pennzoil Platinum was used in a friends' lawn mowers(lawn service) with no problems. I considered using PP, but decided against the extra cost associated with the synthetic. The Castrol monograde 30 weight works just as well!

Does the manual recommend B&S 5w-20 synthetic ? I know all of the no no on name brand or you must purchase the manufactures parts, oil etc, but you should at least look at the make up of the B&S synthetic before deciding on what oil to use.. I have tried many different types of oils in air cooled small lawn engines or small air cooled engines in general, and a HDEO like Delo or Rotella in HD 30.. These are very cheap at auto parts stores like advanced auto, or auto zone as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back