trop artic in old ford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: howellt85
my eyes , and my noggin are so far ok , was lower bay , 1 truck had a jellied up filter should have took pics

That's never going to fly here. You need more evidence than that. If PYB was causing these problems, certifications would have been yanked. Of course, the real problem is that when someone has engine issues, they always changed their oil every 3000 miles religiously, and someone believes that.

Of all the sludged, damaged, and neglected engines I've ever seen, only one person ever admitted to the neglect. Everyone else changed their oil every 3,000 miles or three months, whichever came first. At least that's what they said. Personally, the evidence tells me these people lied, not that the oil was substandard.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Of course, the real problem is that when someone has engine issues, they always changed their oil every 3000 miles religiously, and someone believes that.

Ain't that the truth, it's always lousy xxx oil's fault...

Years back it could have been valid but since at least SG oils it's now a lie...

Even then, I'd say many claims are questionable. No one ever neglects maintenance, of course. It's always lousy Ford's fault, or that waxy PYB, or the wife.
wink.gif

Ok , I may have jumped to the "oil did it" conclusion .

what would cause the oil to gel

it was transparent/ opaque brown substance
like a jellied wax but brown , if you had some Jello chocolate clear

we have records of the interval at which it was last in for an oil change roughly 4500 on conventional highway mileage he said not horrible

A small amount of coolant in oil can cause some funny results...

Question? That vehicle was one in how many thousand others with no problem?

Just my opinion here; but have you taken it out for say 20-45 minutes at highway speeds to burn off any condensation and moisture?

Originally Posted By: car51
Just my opinion here; but have you taken it out for say 20-45 minutes at highway speeds to burn off any condensation and moisture?

The vehicle currently in question isn't even his, came through lube shop...

usually oil/water is a white or yellow emulsion

(my truck seams fine/ it wasn't mine )

at this store ( I DID work at no longer employed , someone didn't quality inspect when we were swamped )

we do regular engine "flushes" ( despite what I have told them )

but I think that someone may have skipped oil change and said they did store negligence, not my guidance

as a side note - (I will not go to a iffy lube shop , never will recommend them either I worked there , over priced , under paid , shoddy service when you actually witness the work , I tried to do my job, they prevented me from being honest

Originally Posted By: car51
Or that pesky QSGB I use in my ole' 97' Jeep eh. j/k Garak
smile.gif

Yep, it's wrecked so many engines, too.
wink.gif

howellt85: Given your description, that isn't the oil, it sounds like coolant in oil, or some other moisture intrusion, such as never getting up to operating temperatures in the cold weather, and getting a whack of condensation. I've told the story here before, and one can get blindsided by things on occasion. My F-150, some years back, had the same problem. The shortest trip I ever took on it was well over 100 miles, so no concern about getting things to temperature, one would think. The PCV valve passed all the nominal tests. Yet, the oil was much as you described. A new PCV valve, done just to try, solved the problem. So, I did plenty of oil changes, had only highway miles, and still had a problem, and it wasn't the oil, either. Incidentally, I believe I was using GTX in it at the time, but it wouldn't have mattered what I used, since the oil was blameless, despite manifesting the symptom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back