Trop Artic and Kendall info

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I spoke to Luke at Conoco Phillips help/tech line. He said that the NOACK for Trop Artic blends are 12.9% and 10% for Kendall synthetic. Kendall synblend NOACK is 11.4%. He said that in about another year or two the Trop Artic, Conoco All Season synblend and 76 blend will be renamed "shield choice" he thinks. Basically those will be under one brand/name. Very helpful man too. Just thought I would share.

The 5w30 yes as that's the grade that I found on a chart in North America is most used. Hope this helps sir
smile.gif

Looks like Trop Artic Blend has been reformulated to meet Dexos NOACK since the last PQIA Test in February. It was 15% then.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: car51
So, I spoke to Luke at Conoco Phillips help/tech line. He said that the NOACK for Trop Artic blends are 12.9% and 10% for Kendall synthetic. Kendall synblend NOACK is 11.4%. He said that in about another year or two the Trop Artic, Conoco All Season synblend and 76 blend will be renamed "shield choice" he thinks. Basically those will be under one brand/name. Very helpful man too. Just thought I would share.

Good to know,thanks!

We've used alot of Kendall and Trop Artic,good stuff!
thumbsup2.gif

They should just call it all Trop Artic and make it widely available IMO. Trop Artic is by far the most recognized name of the three and has been around too long to simply go away under some bean counter's whim of the moment.

KCJEEP: I know what you mean. Kinda strange if you ask me but that's what happens when "over educated" people get their mitts on stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back