Trojan in Quarantine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a Trojan locked down in quarantine. How do I electrocute him?? Have BitDefender for my protection..it says that it can't remove it so I put it in quarantine. Thanks

Ok Drew..I loaded the Spyware Doctor..they found 2 Trojans, 9 malware and 89 other bugs. I'm afraid to touch my Computer. The question I have is...Is this system safe and reliable and worth the 30 bucks to install? 2) do I need the Register Mechanic for another 20 bucks? 3) will this over ride my BitDefender? They won't clean the system till I buy it.

Update on IE8...Somehow, I got the IE8 running pretty good till I picked up the Trojan. Foxfire was ok but a little clumsy for me to deal with. Plus, I lost a couple of features that I like.
Thanks for the help.

Originally Posted By: SKUNKY
I'm afraid to touch my Computer.

That burns me so much that people spend good money buying a computer under the assumption that they could just use it, and it seems as though you just can't. There is not a soul on this earth that I've known whose life has been made easier or better by owning a Windows computer. All I ever hear are complaints and concerns.

SKUNKY, I have just got to ask, since it seems as though you are having some considerable trouble with your computer: Have you ever heard of Ubuntu? All of your hassles would be over if using it was feasible for you.

Update on IE8...Somehow, I got the IE8 running pretty good till I picked up the Trojan. Foxfire was ok but a little clumsy for me to deal with. Plus, I lost a couple of features that I like.
Thanks for the help.

Which features are you lacking? One of the beautiful things about Firefox is that it is extensible, and there are hundreds of add-ons that give it a very, very wide variety of features.

Ok Drew..I loaded the Spyware Doctor..they found 2 Trojans, 9 malware and 89 other bugs. I'm afraid to touch my Computer. The question I have is...Is this system safe and reliable and worth the 30 bucks to install? 2) do I need the Register Mechanic for another 20 bucks? 3) will this over ride my BitDefender? They won't clean the system till I buy it.

Thanks for the help.

Don't use Spyware doctor. It's a piece of junk, and no, you don't need registry mechanic and all that other garbage.

http://www.ccleaner.com will do everything that registry mechanic will do, for free.

For your trojan/spyware problems, try downloading http://www.superantispyware.com (free version). Also http://www.malwarebytes.org (free version).

Also, try these free online scanners: http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/ax/?scan=1

http://www.eset.com/onlinescan/index.php

http://housecall65.trendmicro.com/

Using all of those should get the job done. You might want to try running them in safe mode.

Hahahaaha..What I meant by not touching my computer is.."I might catch a virus or cold..." It's got so many bugs in it!!
The Foxfire has a different format than IE8..I'm just use to IE ..I guess. Plus, some of the addons were "expermintal" whatever that means.
I never heard of "Ubuntu" but I'll check it out.

I uninstalled the Spyware Doctor and my computer is back to super-fast.
I'm a little leery about internet programs that promise results for money.

Quote:

The way to go for browsing, email etc... and security updates won't BSOD your machine 8).

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Quote:

The way to go for browsing, email etc... and security updates won't BSOD your machine 8).

Ok...just got done scanning the system with "SuperAntiSpyware (free version)"..it found 210 threats..They were removed and the system seem about the same speed..I'm gonna play with it for a couple of days...
Now, I'm off to find "Ubuntu"..

Go to Distrowatch.com and find Ubuntu and pretty much any Linux you can think of .

Download the .ISO image and burn it to disc ( burn as .ISO image not just copy it ) and enjoy !

Ubuntu and PCLInuxOS2009 can both be run from CD with no changes to your system .

I could go on about open source software and how much I enjoy being Windows free ...

If your computer is running O.K you should have an option to delete the quarantined file.

I agree on SUPERantispyware and Malwarebytes. I use them both and I love them being free.

Ccleaner and Iobit Advanced Windowscare are both good and free Optimizer programs.

Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more
Have you ever heard of Ubuntu? All of your hassles would be over if using it was feasible for you.

I got a stupid question. Instead of downloading, I asked to have the disk mailed to me, and they did. (Should install it one of these weekends....) Anyway, it was free and it was mailed from the Netherlands. How was this paid for? Do people donate to cover this, or do you pay for tech help or what?

Ok..I'm typing along, then the post will disappear.
54.gif
Anyway, I'm gonna stick with XP for now until I get really upset. Which might not be to far away!!! Thanks for all the help guys.. Joe

Originally Posted By: Kruse
Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more
Have you ever heard of Ubuntu? All of your hassles would be over if using it was feasible for you.

I got a stupid question. Instead of downloading, I asked to have the disk mailed to me, and they did. (Should install it one of these weekends....) Anyway, it was free and it was mailed from the Netherlands. How was this paid for? Do people donate to cover this, or do you pay for tech help or what?

Ubuntu ships these CD's for free. They ship thousands all over the world, and it is used by entire gov'ts, school boards and such, in addition to individuals.

Canonical, the company behind Ubuntu, charges for support, and I have read that they are nearing profitability; although Canonical/ Ubuntu is backed by Mark Shuttleworth (the second ever space tourist).

Mostly, though, Ubuntu is a community developed, community supported endeavour.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Go to tools - clear private data.

OK ..got it..now what's with Spell Checker..can I put something on the tool bar to hit spell checker? It works automatically on web sites but not on e-mail...Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back