Triax Lubricants

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling Triax is a lot like Amtecol(a small blender in the Bay Area many shops use due to cost). Just shadier. Amtecol claims they get base oils from major suppliers and add packs from Lubrizol/Afton but their packaging is kinda of questionable.

Approvals, specifications and licenses are what demonstrate the real world properties and capabilities of an oil.
It's something that I've learned myself thanks to long-time established members, such as yourself. Sadly, the crowd yelling "it's got a good slug of Moly" or "it's a stout oil" will always be louder than common sense. And when you're new and just learning about lubricants, you tend to listen to "them" first. I know I did, and I regretted it, as I could have saved myself a lot of grief, not to mention wasted time.

Prior to using Triax i used Penzoil Platinum which also served me well . Sure they have listed 15k OCI but that's for people that like to buy new cars ever time they get one paid off .
Pennzoil doesn't list mileage use for any of its lubricants. They have stated numerous times, including in FAQs posted here on BITOG, that they encourage customers to follow the manufacturer's recommended OCI.

Oil doesn't wear out but it sure gets dirty ;)
Silly me, I always thought that TBN stood for Trombone... 🤷‍♂️

I also use their global atf and my shifts are smooth .
I don't even want to guess how they blend their "universal" ATF. Okay, I'll give it a shot: mid-tier add pack from Afton Chemicals + Group III base oil? Amazing!

I have been using Triax oil in my 2010 Honda Element 120k and my 2004Nissan Titan 148k . It makes them run quite and no oil burning . I change oil at 5-6k and use Fram ultra filters . It is a good value.
That is quite the testimonial. I'm glad it works for you.

There was a recent UOA of Triax posted here, it was simply awful:

UOA has been deleted since OP inadvertently included all his personal information on the post. But the "wear numbers" were sky high and the supposed "Euro 5w30" had a cst@100 in the 9's.

Are we getting spammed here? Multiple posts on Triax from very low post count members. :unsure:
Uh, no.
The UOA is at the end on the second page. It is good and Blackstone said to extend his OCI.
Reading is fundamental.

Uh, no.
The UOA is at the end on the second page. It is good and Blackstone said to extend his OCI.
Reading is fundamental.
Triax's own data sheet shows the oil to be unsuitable for the application they recommend it for. HTHS below minimum and Blackstone would tell you to extend the OCI of Canola oil if it had decent TBN.

Uh, no.
Reading is fundamental.

You need to read. The UOA on the second page is a post by a different member on a Ford 3.5. The original UOA which was pulled due to personal information included was on an Audi. And it looked terrible.

Label says it's dexos1 Gen 2 but nope it's not listed on Licensed dexos®1 Gen 2 brands ...

It's as though "TRIAX Lubricants LLC" only exists as a name on eBay and Amazon. Better Business Bureau says that company doesn't exist. D&B says that company doesn't exist. Google just finds the website. Network Solutions WhoIs returns the website as a GoDaddy domain created by a domain proxy service. At this point it's very sus!

Amazon says the seller information is Remmco International Holdings LLC, located at 753 Port America Pl Suit 207, Grapevine, Texas, 76051 ?? Google Maps shows a small warehouse rental space near the Dallas-Fort Worth airport.

But the dun&bradstreet website says Remmco International Holdings LLC is located at 1455 Southfalls Ct, Flower Mound, TX, 75022 .... which is a [large] residential HOUSE.

Just remember, an "LLC" is the lowest cost company to establish and can be closed down/bankrupt (if sued) within a day, with absolutely zero recourse to the owner(s).

This looks to me like some kind of fake company designed to do one thing: Sell oil in an oil shaped labeled bottle, to the thummies on Amazon and eBay who only care about saving a few bucks and getting it conveniently delivered to them. But it seems to be working! Thousands of positive feedback scores on eBay and Amazon.

But for all anyone knows it could be indirectly imported from Russia through China, India, Germany, etc.

I have been using their grease for a while now, LOVE it. Stays in place, doesn't wash out, allows extended greasing intervals. Just received their synthetic gear oil but haven't used it yet. I have complete confidence in these products, likewise, I had complete confidence in Amsoil 30 years ago when these same discussions about them were going on.

I have been using their grease for a while now, LOVE it. Stays in place, doesn't wash out, allows extended greasing intervals. Just received their synthetic gear oil but haven't used it yet. I have complete confidence in these products, likewise, I had complete confidence in Amsoil 30 years ago when these same discussions about them were going on.
Product aside, Amsoil and Triax are polar opposites in how they run their companies and visibility to how each makes and markets their product.

With Amsoil you can find and actually go to the physical location where they make the product and the corporate offices they work out of. With Triax, you got somebody's house listed for the LLC and a "trust us" where their product is actually made and blended.

I just order a gallon of this one. If I was in the US I wouldn't buy this, but in Finland something as special like a synthetic garden equipment oil just isn't available, not even AMSOIL even though their other products are. For 34 € this was very cheap. Judging from the viscosities and the VI this is in fact a 15W-30 oil. The VI is 120 so if this is indeed "Fully Synthetic", then it's pure Group III as Group IV base oil has a higher VI. Most of what is printed in the jug is BS. Like the fact that they are suggesting using this if 5W-30 is specified. I'd use this instead of 10W-30, but not if 5W-30 is solely specified. And of course the 30W is an invented viscosity as the thickest winter viscosity is 25W. Or maybe they mean weight by "W", but that would be moronic too. Red Line does just that in their race oils, but they print "WT" to avoid confusion. But at least the TDS doesn't contain any obvious errors and does make sense. But that pour point does seem extremely low, as other 15W-30 oils have it at around -35°C. But that could be because of the base stocks as all 15W-30 oils with a TDS available I've found are mineral.

TRIAX.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back