Travel mugs

I've been a fan of paper "to go" coffee cups...just like the ones from Wawa,7-11, Dunkin Donuts etc... While they are too expensive from grocery stores or even Costco, they are not nearly as expensive getting them from Restaurant Depot where I have a membership. I buy cases of 1000. Lids sometimes. I've exhausted my supply and have been looking for a decent thermal mug.
I don't like my coffee out of a metal mug...that rules out a large portion. I have found some of the plastic thermal mugs to be OK but they become funky over time and they also seem to hold the smell of the dishwasher detergent at times. I have seen these hybrid ones that are ceramic inside and metal or plastic outside. The concept is interesting. They're not cheap though...$25-$30+.

What have people tried and like?

Yeti. But not liking metal rules that out.

Starbucks (and I’m sure others) sell a ceramic mug with an air gap between two layers that works well the drawbacks are that it can’t be microwaved or dishwasher-ed along with all the attendant drawbacks of being “glass”. The ones I’ve had look basically like one of their paper cups.

Yeti. But not liking metal rules that out.

Starbucks (and I’m sure others) sell a ceramic mug with an air gap between two layers that works well the drawbacks are that it can’t be microwaved or dishwasher-ed along with all the attendant drawbacks of being “glass”. The ones I’ve had look basically like one of their paper cups.
I think Yeti is overpriced but well marketed schlock.
Good points on the ceramic hybrid ones. Washing by hand kind of kills the convenience factor though. I have three of these: Copco 2510-0292 Acadia 16-Ounce Mug, 1 Count (Pack of 1), Kiwi https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CZDTG2S/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_BVKE2AJ4NXR5BAFNTDYM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

They are pretty good but ... it's best to rinse them quickly and dry them before using them clean. The lids are kind of a PIA to secure correctly.

I love my travel mugs!! I have an RTIC, Starbucks, and a huge one that's made for cold and hot liquids I got at the elephant Christmas gift exchange last year.

You can get a borosilicate glass travel mug for about $25.

I think Yeti is overpriced but well marketed schlock.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I used to hold similar- then someone gave me one.

They work and work well I’ve had som copies too and they usually do not do as well.

I do like the ceramic ones, but I break them too often.

I have many travel mugs.
Most are from gas stations (especially Speedway.)
I have a couple of stainless steel ones that were gifts (which I hardly ever use.)
I have a bunch of them from the branches of the military, (especially Army) that I used to get free when recruiters came in the building.
However, the one(s) that I use are the ones that are handy.

I've got a solid ceramic travel mug but it doesn't hold the heat in very long compared to my Yeti.

Bought this in May of last year and it continues to serve me well. Retains the heat and most importantly, doesn't alter the taste of the coffee.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BTWSJRS/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_i_N5X4N1WAW727VE8845QN?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Dittos on this. I have the same mug in black. I have had it for several years. You can close the lid and it won’t leak in any direction held. It also keeps the coffee hot for hours even with the lid open. I’m drinking from it right now. The coffee was brewed at 5am. It’s still hot and will be hot for a long time to come.

I have my favorite Thermos mug I use almost every day. Keeps my coffee warm, even when I forget to drink it (get caught up at work). It has a lid that seals and locks so I can just toss it around in my car without concern of leaks, and a decent way to sip without burning your mouth. Link below. If I lost it, I would get the exact same thing again.

I also have had multiple zojirushi usually last me about 2-3 years each.. and I use them EVERY SINGLE day.

On one the front plastic broke from dropping it.. and another one lost vacuum after about 3 years and 20+ drops.

Best out there thermal retention.

Back