Transmission refill after fixing pressure control solenoids

I have a 2012 Hyundai i10 (with the 1.2 liter kappa engine) that had its pressure control solenoid fail on me - even after I’d drained it last year and filled with a (don’t laugh, please) Liqui Moly atf fluid that said it supported Hyundai SP III. In any case that’s fixed and the mechanic said to change the fluid again in another 6 months - apparently not all the old atf fluid had drained out even if I did remove the oil pan, during the first change.

Worth doing the multiple cycles of drain and replace to remove all the old oil, I guess?

CleanSump

Site Donor 2022
Yeah, a pan drop won't drain the cooler lines and torque converter. I there isn't a drain plug on there torque converter, there could be a gallon of old fluid in there. And once you drive, it's all mixed with the new fluid.

SureshR

Yeah, a pan drop won't drain the cooler lines and torque converter. I there isn't a drain plug on there torque converter, there could be a gallon of old fluid in there. And once you drive, it's all mixed with the new fluid.
Ugh yes that's right. OK back to drain and refill a few times then. Thanks! And do I drive for six months or just will a couple of dozen miles or so do in order to mix the fluid?