Trailblazer tire pressures

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently picked up a 2007 Trailblazer 4x4. The door sticker says 30 psi front and 35 psi rear. The recommended front pressure is lower than I would expect. For anyone with experience with these vehicles, what do you run for tire pressure? Thanks!

I usually start with the recommended PSI listed in the door jamb and tweak the PSI up/down based on my preference and/or need the way FBVWJ has done. This tweaking could change ever so slightly as tires wear and when new tires are installed bssed on tire brand/model/type(load rating).

^^ this. Start with the listed pressure. Watch how the tires are wearing and go from there.

I know, lots of drivers don't look at their tires unless they are rolling away from the vehicle on the road. So for those types, why does tire pressure matter?

On an important note: the listed pressure for the rear tires may be for a full load of passengers and cargo in the vehicle. So with only front seat passengers, the rear tire pressure should not be more than the fronts for even tire wear.

Mine is export spec with 255/60R17 tires instead of 245/65R17, which specs 35 PSI all round. That said, I keep mine at 38 PSI.

My vehicle is the same - front @ 30 / rear @ 35
I aim for 31-32 all around / it makes rotating the tires easier.

With the warmer weather coming, you will need to let some air out.

Get yourself a good (digital) Pressure Gauge
It makes life a lot easier.

Last edited:
Being Spring with its varying temps, the OP can monitor seepage.
My recently restored all seasons are at 40 now but I check 'em frequently in Spring and Fall. Now that's excitement.

When I had my 07 I ran the tires at the pressure on the placard. I dont figure I am any smarter than the people that designed, built and warrantied the vehicle and the tires.

I have run 30 psi front and 35 psi rear from day 1 and have not had any handling problems nor have I had any tread wear problems with my '04 TrailBlazer.

I have run 35 psi front rear as my lower end and upwards of 40. I try to keep them all at 38 psi cold as it seems to be the best compromise at handling, ride and fuel economy. Splitting hairs with only a few psi but I prefer on the higher end.

I have had as good of tire wear as I can for my driving conditions. The wear is nice and even across the tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back