Trading in my Volvo. What will dealer offer me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MrCritical
Originally Posted By: Chris B.
UPDATE:

I decided to go for the CRV EX model as it seems to be the most reliable car on the road I could find. I was extremely pleased to find the dealer offered me almost $16K for my Volvo and I talked them up to just under $17k!!!! Made me very happy. Also got the price of the CRV down another $2K. I'm going to finalize the deal right now and pick up the Honda CRV.

Great deal, and good choice
smile.gif
Congrats. Update us once you get a few miles on the Honda.

I got under it tonight to see how it is layed out and how oil changes would go as I do my own. I found oil leaking and a drop pooling on the bottom of the engine near the oil pan. Could be a spill from when they filled it up maybe? Do new seals "sweat" and meybe a little will seep out till they are broken it? I hope I don't already have a problem!!!!

honda has had some issues with leaking block plugs as well as pwr steering leaks that will collect on the oil pan, could also be excessive Assembly lube.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Worth it, NO, unless you really need more class to keep up with the Jones clan.

Is it really necessary to try and convince everyone to follow your lifestyle?

Originally Posted By: mopar_monkey
honda has had some issues with leaking block plugs as well as pwr steering leaks that will collect on the oil pan, could also be excessive Assembly lube.

Is a leaking block plug and P/S an easy fix?

Originally Posted By: Pablo
This thread got a little askew and to further derail it:

What problems did you have with your Volvo?

I noticed when you asked the first time. Apparently, it's top secret information...
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: MarkM66

I noticed when you asked the first time. Apparently, it's top secret information...
crazy.gif

Secret is the word. Must have been pretty serious.

I've not heard of Honda leaking anything when new. I'd be at the dealer this AM.

At the large Ford dealership I worked at in 2010, that car would certainly hit the used lot for 120 days before going to auction. Only cars that were older than 2006 went right to auction unless they were beat to hades.

The new Fusions are a nice car, maybe you should take a look at those. Otherwise your list of old reliable standbys is a good one. Id put Subaru and Yota ahead of Honda. The whole ordeal with the Civic lately has me wondering where else they may start cutting corners.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
At the large Ford dealership I worked at in 2010, that car would certainly hit the used lot for 120 days before going to auction. Only cars that were older than 2006 went right to auction unless they were beat to hades.

The new Fusions are a nice car, maybe you should take a look at those. Otherwise your list of old reliable standbys is a good one. Id put Subaru and Yota ahead of Honda. The whole ordeal with the Civic lately has me wondering where else they may start cutting corners.

I find this so bizarre about the new Civic. I do not think the car looks as nice as the 8th generation (06-11) but I do think it is without a shadow of a doubt, a lot nicer than the 2012 Corolla. I have been in both, and the Corolla feels cheaper and has buick like driving dynamics. I would still put Honda ahead of Toyota any day right now, and this is from personal experience.

Originally Posted By: MarkM66

crazy.gif

Secret is the word. Must have been pretty serious.

I've not heard of Honda leaking anything when new. I'd be at the dealer this AM.

Sorry guys I missed your questions. I could go on for a page or two but a quick run down of most problems is:
Air bag system problems, Thermoustat problem, driver side window stopped working 3 times. power seat stopped working 3 times, rear view mirror would not stay put and fell down needing constant readjustment, water pump failure, powersteering failure, fuel pump failure, traction control and antilock break failure, steering linkage and colum problems, constant TPS malfunctions.....just to name a few. Car had to be towed many times back to the dealer. I just had enough and decided it had to go.

Thanks.
crazy2.gif
I would have been ready to tear Volvo a new one. Wow.

Everytime I had to bring the car in for reapir the service advisor said that same thing...."we never see that problem, ever". I said well that is not what owners on the forums are saying. I wrote a respectful letter to the dealer's owner voicing my concerns and never heard back from her. F*** em. I took my business else where. My new Honda will be a much better car in every way.

Last edited:
Obviously, I agree with your choice of a new CR-V. I'm sure it'll give you hundreds of thousands of miles of good service.

Regarding the oil on the oil pan, I'd wipe the area clean and see if the leak returns. If it does, have the dealer check it out.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Obviously, I agree with your choice of a new CR-V. I'm sure it'll give you hundreds of thousands of miles of good service.

Regarding the oil on the oil pan, I'd wipe the area clean and see if the leak returns. If it does, have the dealer check it out.

2 days later and 130 miles the oil drip does not appear to have returned. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks!

Nice. It has the Continental tires, which are preferrable to the Bridgestones. My in-laws' 2011 CR-V has those and they seem to stick like glue, and ride relatively quiet as well.

This is an EX? Biggest visual cue between EX and EX-L is the EX has black mirrors and the EX-L has body color mirrors. In your case, your mirrors ARE body color, even if they are black!

While the delivery is a bit harsh, I think one of the major problems with the nation is the idea that "I deserve..."

If you have more concerned with what they are getting and not with what they are contributing, eventually no one wants to contribute and everyone is taking.

I'm not saying the OP is or isn't doing this. What I'm saying is many of the problems we have in America today are from folks living larger than their bank accounts support.

So anytime some is championing living within your means, I believe they are looking out for our nation in the long term.

And I do believe we need more of that, not less.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Worth it, NO, unless you really need more class to keep up with the Jones clan.

Is it really necessary to try and convince everyone to follow your lifestyle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back