TOYOTA oil filter

My Walmart Dont carry TOYOTA filter, I went to 3 different one.

For my 2016 lexus nx 200t 2.0l turbo, every one tell me to use TOYOTA filter only, this is my first ever using none spin on filter, I'm thinking stick with fram ultra?

5k oil change with penzoil Platium HM 0w20

For my 2016 lexus nx 200t 2.0l turbo, every one tell me to use TOYOTA filter only, this is my first ever using none spin on filter, I'm thinking stick with fram ultra?

Go to local dealership and get it. I used my 2GR-FE Mobil1 oil filter numerous times as a cartridge.

Are you sure the engine calls for 0w20, I thought it was 5w20???

I have bought from ParkPlaceLexusPlano.com for oil filters and a few other parts.
Sometimes, they have free shipping.
It is around $4 for the cartridge filter.

I dont get the obsession to avoid the dealership here. The cost of a filter there is directly half the typical retail markup youll see at your local parts store. EG a YZZN1 cost 11 dollars at Advance Auto whereas the nearest dealership parts department priced them 6 dollars a piece.

I dont get the obsession to avoid the dealership here. The cost of a filter there is directly half the typical retail markup youll see at your local parts store. EG a YZZN1 cost 11 dollars at Advance Auto whereas the nearest dealership parts department priced them 6 dollars a piece.
My local GM dealership charges $60 for an AC Delco air filter for my 2009 Sierra. The same filter can be found online and at local stores for $20-30. Dealer's are YMMV. Good to know Toyota dealers are reasonably priced. I always liked Toyota.

It really depends on the dealership. My closest Toyota one routinely marks up parts at 150% of MSRP. I can generally get stuff cheaper by ordering from another dealership that participates in the autoparts.toyota.com program, as long as I can get up to the free shipping at $75. And they often offer 25% off their already discounted prices which just sweetens the pot.

Dealership, wix or microgard

How did you pass the DMV written exam?

You take the time to drive there. You wait till some unfriendly comes along to figure out why you are bothering his day. Then after it takes forever for him to get me a filter he wants above list for, he tries to sell me wiper blades, then I have to take his invoice and pay a different person. So I spent way too much time paying too much for a stupid filter.

Or, click click, order online from BAM or Sparks or I have even ordered from that same dealer on their black Friday sale when they had free ship and it was delivered to my house for less money.

Why reward this type of business? Dealer business model is dead - they just don't know it yet.

Back