TOYOTA oil filter

My local GM dealership charges $60 for an AC Delco air filter for my 2009 Sierra. The same filter can be found online and at local stores for $20-30. Dealer's are YMMV. Good to know Toyota dealers are reasonably priced. I always liked Toyota.
There are few Toyota and Lexus dealerships who have really made a push for online orders and they also tend to be as cheap or cheaper than everyone else and often have free shipping. It just depends on the dealership.

You take the time to drive there. You wait till some unfriendly comes along to figure out why you are bothering his day. Then after it takes forever for him to get me a filter he wants above list for, he tries to sell me wiper blades, then I have to take his invoice and pay a different person. So I spent way too much time paying too much for a stupid filter.

Or, click click, order online from BAM or Sparks or I have even ordered from that same dealer on their black Friday sale when they had free ship and it was delivered to my house for less money.

Why reward this type of business? Dealer business model is dead - they just don't know it yet.
Exactly. It's a 20 mins drive each way to the dealership + gas + time + salty parts guy vs sitting here drinking my coffee and ordering from Sparks. This reminds me, I have to order some things from Sparks!

Fram endurance is a much better filter than the OE toyota. super tech 10k is probably still better on efficiency but closer on price.

Fram endurance is a much better filter than the OE toyota. super tech 10k is probably still better on efficiency but closer on price.
got the STP XL’s (Lexus) in the bundles of VR&P even though the oil is for 5.3L … Look well made … Normally change 5000-7500 anyway …

So which other oil filter brand that having same tier as TOYOTA filter ?
My Toyota screw on oil filters are made by Denso, and look identical to the denso labeled version I purchased. Now you can't really tell much from looking, but "Toyota" doesn't make oil filters. Someone makes them for Toyota. Denso just happens to be majority owned by Toyota, but any quality filter manufacturer is likely just as good. From the C&P the Toyota filters don't look all that special to me.

Exactly. It's a 20 mins drive each way to the dealership + gas + time + salty parts guy vs sitting here drinking my coffee and ordering from Sparks. This reminds me, I have to order some things from Sparks!
Out of curiosity just checked the shipping cost for 6 YZZN1 with drain plug gaskets and it is $24. Add the $30 cost for the filters and WM online appears to be cheaper.

The dealership I get my filters from does have a salty crew. But it’s only 10 mins out of the way coming home from my office. And it’s only a once a year thing since I buy 4/5 at a time.

To each his own.

Out of curiosity just checked the shipping cost for 6 YZZN1 with drain plug gaskets and it is $24. Add the $30 cost for the filters and WM online appears to be cheaper.

The dealership I get my filters from does have a salty crew. But it’s only 10 mins out of the way coming home from my office. And it’s only a once a year thing since I buy 4/5 at a time.

To each his own.
The key is to buy in bulk when they offer free shipping promotions.

Back