Toyota Crown Orca Edition?

AZjeff

$50 Site Donor 2023
Walked the Toyota lot while waiting for some recall work on daughter's CX-5 the other day. This CPO Crown stood out like a sore thumb. Apparently there might be a Crown Estate Wagon version coming?
IMG_2827(1).jpg

With a few decals on the doors and fenders, it could pass for a police patrol vehicle. Only makes sense to replace the venerable Crown Victoria Police Interceptor with the Toyota Crown Pursuit Edition!

I saw some very old codger eyeing a Crown as I did a Toyota lot drive though yesterday. Saw many Rav 4 and one of these "crown jewels" next to just one slick-ery Prius. Eye-catching like the circus coming to town, but not exciting to me or enticing for any reason. For a mid-luxe sedan, the big Volvo is a much more enticing, tidily styled ride.

I would be never in the market for such a thing - would only consider for a rental to drive to NY from NH - as my current cars are around town buzz bombs only.

What is the draw? Toyota cache' ? Whatever that is.

The S-90 is quite stately when seen on the road

Volvo S 90.jpg

Exactly what I thought while looking at it.

This is the possible Estate Wagon.
View attachment 208220
What is the point of that thing? A different level of vertical squashing as compared to the Sienna and Highlander? I’m not getting the redeeming quality of the Toyota design philosophy of late. Their cars were conservative and smartly designed in the 90s. Supra is a great example.

Yikes.

2023 and already traded in?
sometimes the dealer buys and resells it for some paperwork shenanigans and to sell over msrp.
if you ever see used with <1000 miles.
or buy it and get offer for more than you paid type situation.. not as common now.

sometimes the dealer buys and resells it for some paperwork shenanigans and to sell over msrp.
if you ever see used with <1000 miles.
or buy it and get offer for more than you paid type situation.. not as common now.
In Colorado "new" is allowed up to 1500 miles.

• Helpful
Reactions: GON
if its previously titled?
I think if it wasn't titled from memory but can't remember. That's one of the questions on the sales license test. know I saw a few "take backs" when a customer had the vehicle for a couple of days or fewer. I think those were sold as new.

Back