Toughest full saps oil specs?

🍟

Wait, what about VW 502 00, MB 229.5, BMW LL-01 and Porsche A40 simultaneously?
As LL-01 means 5W and A40 means 40 this should result in 5W-40, but a pretty tough
one and that's what you asked for. Best thing is, such oils do exist.

🍟

Wait, what about VW 502 00, MB 229.5, BMW LL-01 and Porsche A40 simultaneously?
As LL-01 means 5W and A40 means 40 this should result in 5W-40, but a pretty tough
one and that's what you asked for.
I think the VW 502 is 5w-30 except for a couple of close to but not quite 5w-30 spec.

I think the VW 502 is 5w-30 except for a couple of close to but not quite 5w-30 spec.

VW 502 00 is anything from 0W-30 to at least 5W-40. I even vaguely remember
having seen 10W-50 in the past but 50 could be 'excluded' indirectly by certain
fuel saving requirements that couldn't be met with a 50. As kschachn mentioned
a minimum HTHS of 3.5 mPas is mandatory. Same with VW 504 00 btw, which I
considered you for a second you could have mistaken with.
Be assured before I make the claim that VW 502 00, MB 229.5, BMW LL-01 as well
as Porsche A40 simultaneously do exist I have checked that (Rav VST for example).

I have bargain jugs of QS Euro that meet all those even, that's why I stocked it up.

The more approvals the better.

It's easy enough to buy a full SAPS oil that is both MB 229.5 and Porsche A40.

The Porsche spec has things like (5 times the simulation of 1-hour sessions on the “Nürburgring” racetrack), while MB has other requirements like a Noack of 10% or less. The two together should be a very good oil.

Last edited:
The other thing about those approvals is that they aren’t high SAPS, especially when combined with ACEA C3 which they usually are.
Curious about low SAPS oil… If the target is emissions or IVD cause high detergent oils are are high SAPS. Sounds like you want low SAPS but for every step forward you gotta down side.

Back