Tough older guy shoots home invaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a "No Soliciting" sign on my door. It doesn't always stop them. It is supposed to stop flyers and business cards, too, but to do that the person hanging the garbage has to be able to read English and understand the meaning of the legal notice - it IS a legal notice.

They should all be ticketed for littering!

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
They should all be ticketed for littering!

So I wonder what would happen if you set up video surveillance and reported them to the police for littering. Maybe it's not worth their time to go after someone for something so petty, but if they had something like a license plate that allowed them to determine exactly who they were maybe they could go after them.

I have seen them making their rounds in the neighborhood. It's almost always one or two people on foot, going from door-to-door, hanging their carp with rubber bands, scotch tape, or rolled up and jammed against the doorknob. I used to have a "Post no Bills" sign and that didn't stop them, either. If I really wanted to pursue it, which I don't, all I ought to have to do is take a pic of the offending material hanging on my door and simply report the merchant. Isn't the advertising merchant ultimately responsible?

Originally Posted By: 3800Series
I wouldn't want to shot anyone or even possibly kill them but I would do it to protect my family without a second thought.

Dogs really do help in home defense. Even if they are small dogs that do nothing but bark. The early warning gives you time to possiboily get a fire arm and find where they are coming in threw.

First shot will be a bird shot after that its slugs.

Why the first shot bird-shot? This has a better chance of getting you killed. If you are going to shoot someone isn't the point to stop them, not [censored] them off and give them more a chance to harm you first? I'll stick with my full power buckshot. Bird-shot is for little birds. Buckshot is for bigger animals...the two legged variety included.

Originally Posted By: GMFan
Originally Posted By: 3800Series
I wouldn't want to shot anyone or even possibly kill them but I would do it to protect my family without a second thought.

Dogs really do help in home defense. Even if they are small dogs that do nothing but bark. The early warning gives you time to possiboily get a fire arm and find where they are coming in threw.

First shot will be a bird shot after that its slugs.

Why the first shot bird-shot? This has a better chance of getting you killed. If you are going to shoot someone isn't the point to stop them, not [censored] them off and give them more a chance to harm you first? I'll stick with my full power buckshot. Bird-shot is for little birds. Buckshot is for bigger animals...the two legged variety included.

Yes. Astro talked on this extensively a while back. Essentially, if lethal force is necessary, you use lethal force, you do not "shoot to maim". If you feel you need to defend your life, your goal is to eliminate the threat. Using a half measure like a shot to the leg or bird shot would indicate you did not in fact fear for your life, otherwise you would have shot to kill.

Basically, if you are pulling a gun to defend yourself, if you have to use it, your aim should be as true as it can be for lethal force and the projectile choice should match that purpose. 00 or 000 buck is probably a good choice due to wall penetration issues IMHO. Centre mass. Eliminate the threat.

Originally Posted By: Trav
thumbsup2.gif
Awesome! Hope he gets well soon. To bad if the one that died was a minority, they will be screaming discrimination.

Yep, Al-Not-So-Sharpton will be there leading another race-baiting, Ferguson-type rally...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back