Total Takata recall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
My Mustang is part of the recall. I just love it when the calls from customers get transferred to me and other Mustang owners are practically giving me death threats because parts are not available. I don't have a bleeping magic 8 ball that tells me when a company is going to make parts for a recall. I just tell them that I drive my car everyday.
Serious question: would my 2011 Crown Vic use a Takata airbag?
The airbag in my '04 was a TRW unit. I don't know about later ones, of course. The interesting thing was, it had Takata sensor and computer, so I figured it had Takata bag too since that would make sense for the whole system to be one supplier.

The last notice I received about it for my 2009 Mustang was dated July, 2015. It says that Ford will send a letter to inform me that parts are available... does that sound right? OR did I miss a letter or something? Mike B

Originally Posted By: Skeet6
The last notice I received about it for my 2009 Mustang was dated July, 2015. It says that Ford will send a letter to inform me that parts are available... does that sound right? OR did I miss a letter or something? Mike B
Nope, according to some Takata paperwork floating around, out of the 3 priority levels for making parts, Mustangs are on the lowest priority level.

Status
Not open for further replies.