torque wrench . Clicker vs digital . which one do you use more

i have a set of clickers for car stuff. thinking of getting a digital , but not sure how much i would use it i use my clicker for lug nuts mostly and the occasional suspension

So which one do you use more, your clicker or digital ?

The clicker here too. My son has had a digital one for 10 years or so and was complaining that the battery was always dead when he went to use it. I am sure thats an exaggeration but he only uses it a couple times a year so I am sure it has died on him 2 or 3 times. I bought a Craftsman 1/2" 30 years ago and the HF 3/8 and 1/4 10-12 years ago and they are all working fine but the click on the HF models is very faint. I keep meaning to replace those.

I don't feel a need to use a torque wrench on lug nuts or suspension parts. Good and tight is sufficient.

Snap-on-featured-image.jpg

If you have disc brakes you need to torque the wheels...not to make sure they are tight, but to make sure they are even. Uneven tightening will over time warp brake rotors.
This was the leading cause of pulsing brake complaints when I worked in a garage a few years after disk brakes became standard equipment on many cars. Tire change places were just running the lugs down with an impact wrench without torque sticks.

Back